Miller with 25 pts and 5 rebounds | The Boneyard

Miller with 25 pts and 5 rebounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Don't see any threads on Miller's performance today. Props to him on his performance. Hopefully he can be the consistent force down low going forward... needs to stay in the game without committing silly fouls and he didn't. Let's hope he can do the same against Texas.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This was the first game where we didn't abruptly stop feeding him the ball inexplicably. He is insanely efficient as a scorer, even in games where he misses a couple of easy looks.

Reaction Score
Outstanding game by Miller but now we have to see if he can do it against better teams. I think he can once this team grows together a little bit more.
Going forward, we have not seen the best of Gibbs. Under KO we can expect his PG skills and decision making to improve.

Reaction Score
Based on what? The kid is a fifth year senior....he likely is what he is at this point. I am not sure being around Ollie the kid is going to develop better point guard skills through osmosis. He is a shooter and scorer and at times has trouble with that role. Don't see him developing into a point guard that makes others around him better.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
His ability to pivot inside and keep his composure to get an easy finish at the rim is really impressive. He isn't just flinging up off-hand reverse layups- he's turning to the rim and dominating.

Will it work against better competition?

Reaction Score
His ability to pivot inside and keep his composure to get an easy finish at the rim is really impressive. He isn't just flinging up off-hand reverse layups- he's turning to the rim and dominating.

Will it work against better competition?

The Zags say "yes" ;)

Reaction Score
Right. There are match ups that will favor him and when they do he should get the ball. The guy can finish.

Been saying it for a while now, he's very efficient and has the quick shot or the elevated shot in his arsenal when required. Would like for him to rebound the ball a little better, but he played a nice game. He is for some reason haunted by the ref's though as a guy tripped himself today and he happened to be close and they whistled him LOL. Need him out of foul trouble he's too important at this point.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie needs to get these kids to slow down a step. They are just in too much of a hurry.
It is as though like they are trying to win the game on every possession with a ten second shot clock..

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to get these kids to slow down a step. They are just in too much of a hurry.
It is as though like they are trying to win the game on every possession with a ten second shot clock..

Both SG and JA for sure, agree wholeheartedly. JA needs to start using crossover, hesitation and spins rather than always trying to just get the step straight in or turn the corner. Love the kid but he's struggling a little right now. Need him to be the payer we know he can be as we move into the AAC.

Reaction Score
Great game by Miller but there is some context to it (CCSU).

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Great game by Miller but there is some context to it (CCSU).
CCSU is god awful this year, but he was effective against the bigs on Gonzaga too. He makes a high percentage of pretty much all his post moves. He's going to get up a lot higher than Ridley and is obviously much quicker. Shouldn't have a problem scoring against Texas, it's more his rebounding that's going to be tough.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No denying his athletic ability and he does have a decent offensive game to him, but I'm not as impressed on the defensive end. The rebounds I expected aren't really there and he seems a little slow footed (almost looks lazy to me) on gets bad reaching fouls. Given his obvious athletic ability I think there's more upside still, but he's got to bring it. Maybe a little raw meat to fire him up.

Reaction Score
While I'm happy with his offense so far I was under the impression he'd be grabbing 7-8 boards and blocking a shot or two. Guy only plays one side of the ball.

Reaction Score

I get what you're saying and I agree but I noticed we've fallen behind in some of the games when we were content to dribble and throw the ball around the perimeter with little to no aggression. This team needs the urgent juices to flow. And it seems they can do urgency like Shabazz did, by changing pace, but by just putting going.

Reaction Score
Miller has been pretty consistent. It's not just games against CCSU.

Michigan, 13 pts, 6 rebounds
Gonzaga, 19 pts
Maryland, 12 pts, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks
Ohio State, 11 pts, 9 rebounds

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Both SG and JA for sure, agree wholeheartedly. JA needs to start using crossover, hesitation and spins rather than always trying to just get the step straight in or turn the corner. Love the kid but he's struggling a little right now. Need him to be the payer we know he can be as we move into the AAC.

That's called being young. Kemba was the exact same as a freshman. I'm not sure JA develops that skill (at least as a habit) this year.

Reaction Score
one of the best offensive players in the country. 11th in offensive rating, 15th in field goal % ( for a guy who gets a decent amount of post ups this is really great. not just lob catches). If he starts defending better and we are winning games he has a shot at CPOY.

One thing i'd like him to do more on offense is shoot the three ball when he is completely wide open... not necessarily get them up a ton but use it as a weapon/safety valve when teams pack the **** out of the paint. Obviously he simply needs to just get better at being more attentive on defense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
one of the best offensive players in the country. 11th in offensive rating, 15th in field goal % ( for a guy who gets a decent amount of post ups this is really great. not just lob catches). If he starts defending better and we are winning games he has a shot at CPOY.

That's a bit over the top imo. I don't think he'll end up as the best player on UCONN, never mind the conference. Hamilton and Purvis will both be above him, again imo.

I really like what he brings to the table, and I believe he'll develop more than other people think. Playing at a lower level, you get used to 'lesser' competition so to speak. Playing at a higher level forces you to raise your game. I expect Miller to develop as a result, even if it's only improvement due to getting used to or familiar with higher level comp. There's also the adjustment to playing with a lot better players, with different skillsets than he's used to.

Reaction Score
Having a guy down low that can catch zip passes and finish is so refreshing. Shabazz/boat would have had 2+ more assists per game if they could throw it down low to SM.

Reaction Score
That's a bit over the top imo. I don't think he'll end up as the best player on UCONN, never mind the conference. Hamilton and Purvis will both be above him, again imo.

I really like what he brings to the table, and I believe he'll develop more than other people think. Playing at a lower level, you get used to 'lesser' competition so to speak. Playing at a higher level forces you to raise your game. I expect Miller to develop as a result, even if it's only improvement due to getting used to or familiar with higher level comp. There's also the adjustment to playing with a lot better players, with different skillsets than he's used to.

Yeah also one thing he needs to do is cut down on fouls. its interesting AB catches flack for his foul rate but miller is a bit worst in that aspect. needs to lock in on defense as much as he is locked in on O.

Reaction Score
Yeah also one thing he needs to do is cut down on fouls. its interesting AB catches flack for his foul rate but miller is a bit worst in that aspect. needs to lock in on defense as much as he is locked in on O.

No one hammers AB for his foul rate why do people make these things up? He is much better this year in that regard while Miller does need to get better obviously.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
No one hammers AB for his foul rate why do people make these things up? He is much better this year in that regard while Miller does need to get better obviously.

It took only a couple hours after you posted this before someone hammered him in a different thread for his foul rate.

InKembaITrust said:
And I think a good 95% of this board would agree that Brimah would foul out of the game guarding him in the first half if he wasn't subbed out immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom