Millen's Athleticism | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Millen's Athleticism

Reaction Score
No, not the run. Although the straight line speed was a nice surprise. #3 and the rest of FIU defense went full in on the hand off and Millen took off. Great read.

I'm talking about the play which had all of us shaking our heads and holding our breath right up to the last 2" of ball flight which Turner snagged for the TD. When Millen caught the flip on the reverse, he had a defender in the backfield who had Millen dead to rights. Millen, while in stride, did a hip shake and lifted the ball up with one hand to avoid the hit, got back in stride and threw the pass across his body to Turner. Millen made that move in the backfield look much simpler and much more basic than it was. Impressive athleticism.

To double back to the OP's point, the other thing I found interesting and encouraging is that Millen zipped the ball to Turner pretty well.

If he shows he's now capable of throwing a few 5-15 yard short passes per game with the current state of his shoulder, that's a huge step forward for him and the offense as it will make the defense have to respect that and will open up more running space for him.

Reaction Score
Let me try to steer this in a more productive direction. Let us note that Zion (who happens to be a pretty damn good athlete, if we can at least agree on that) is exceptionally lucky to be operating under an Ivy League graduate student center and the rest of that OL. Perfect for his development.

Reaction Score
Millen is a lot more mobile than most anticipated. I think Charlton’s preference is a drop back QB that can run for the first down. Cuse’s QB is his wet dream.

Reaction Score
Millen is a lot more mobile than most anticipated. I think Charlton’s preference is a drop back QB that can run for the first down. Cuse’s QB is his wet dream.

He’s the fastest QB on the roster per GymAura.

Reaction Score
Best athlete position:

bo GIF

Reaction Score
Big Ben played wide receiver until his senior year in high school.

Great athletes have speed and strength but just as important they also have the ability to easily pick up and excel with various skills. I'd say a running QB like Steve McNair would be the best athlete on the field.

Reaction Score
I give a lot of credit to the OC who has really tried to get some plays in that the defense is not ready for. Some did not succeed due to execution like the Rosa flip to Harrison but each game we have tried to make it happen. We heard Millen is the #1 speed guy at QB. The play before he scored against FIU I thought he should have kept it. The next play he does and took it to the house. Seems like the players all do their thing with no egos. Zion and Millen are teammates and enjoying the ride. Things are looking up. We have talent and are using it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom