Military Appreciation Day | The Boneyard

Military Appreciation Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to say,

It was great to see that flag spread across the field.

My heart was bursting with pride seeing my older brother singing the National Anthem representing the U.S. Army. He did a tremendous job.

Getting to walk the perimeter of the field at halftime with my fellow veterans was a great experience. I was humbled by all the applause, and the kids reaching out for high fives, and being able to hand a mini American flag to a kid in the stands and see their smiles was just awesome.

For any of you that applauded I say THANK YOU! And thanks to UConn for giving all of us that experience.

Reaction Score
Have to say that they should do the flag thing every game. Every person in the stadium applauded. Thanks for your service.

Reaction Score
It was fantastic to see ! Just too bad not more fans in their seats - very disappointing !

Reaction Score
Fans not in there seats by kickoff is the single most dissapointing aspect of our fan base. There are lots of others i know, but that's the one that sets the tone for the day, sends a message to viewers on TV that were a big time program, and creates an atmosphere from the get-go that can carry over throughout the game. Our spirit arrives in drips and drabs, as sauntering tailgaters make their way into the stadium. And in the stadium doesn't mean in their seats. While Georgia plays "between the hedges", many of our fans lurk "between the decks"of the poorly designed stadium. My first stadium expansion move would be to add seats in those "between the decks" spaces.

Reaction Score
Fans not in there seats by kickoff is the single most dissapointing aspect of our fan base. There are lots of others i know, but that's the one that sets the tone for the day, sends a message to viewers on TV that were a big time program, and creates an atmosphere from the get-go that can carry over throughout the game. Our spirit arrives in drips and drabs, as sauntering tailgaters make their way into the stadium. And in the stadium doesn't mean in their seats. While Georgia plays "between the hedges", many of our fans lurk "between the decks"of the poorly designed stadium. My first stadium expansion move would be to add seats in those "between the decks" spaces.

I agree completely. It's absolutely pitiful.

Does the band still play "Battle Hymn of the Republic" when they come on the field?

Reaction Score
I kinda like the standing room... I don't do it, I'm always in my seat, unless buying beer, but I think they oughta sell that as SRO. They might already I suppose... If it gets too crowded down there, people move to their seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom