milford kids and dobbs-official | The Boneyard

milford kids and dobbs-official

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Best of luck to them... would have loved if they picked UConn but I'm still excited about next years class.

Reaction Score
I can't say I'm happy at Dobbs being NCAA eligible but not UConn eligible. It is hard to criticize anyone in particular, however, not knowing what rules the University gives P on admissions. I hope that our requirements are reasonable and P gets some number of "free passes" a year to admit anyone NCAA eligible, like most big programs do. (Which would mean that P didn't think Dobbs was worth their use, which would make me feel better).

Because it wouldn't surprise me if Dobbs turns out to be a real stud.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im still ticked about the dobbs situation but on to the next one now, we need a rb in this class. the others didn't get any bcs offers so i wish the best for them but in no way do i want p to offer is they aren't worthy. they are good football players and will do well, good luck to them all.

Reaction Score
It sucks that we lost out on Dobbs but I've been to Huntington, WV and trust me, Dobbs is the one who lost out.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I can't say I'm happy at Dobbs being NCAA eligible but not UConn eligible. It is hard to criticize anyone in particular, however, not knowing what rules the University gives P on admissions. I hope that our requirements are reasonable and P gets some number of "free passes" a year to admit anyone NCAA eligible, like most big programs do. (Which would mean that P didn't think Dobbs was worth their use, which would make me feel better).

Because it wouldn't surprise me if Dobbs turns out to be a real stud.

We still don't know if he is NCAA eligible. Marshall can have him sign an LOI, but that doesn't mean he'll qualify. Also, there may be Big East standards that he cannot meet that CUSA doesn't have.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if i couldn't go bcs becuase of some type of school issue so i was going non bcs, i would goto temple or ecu before marshall.

Reaction Score
There has got to be a little more going on with his academics than just UConn having tougher qualification standards. Taking this at face value, Marshall probably does have more lienent academic requirements and this shows in their college tier and rankings versus UConn. But the kid is a 3/4 star recruit who other BCS schools would have snatched up in a heartbeat if it was just UConn having abnormally tough standards.

Reaction Score
We still don't know if he is NCAA eligible. Marshall can have him sign an LOI, but that doesn't mean he'll qualify. Also, there may be Big East standards that he cannot meet that CUSA doesn't have.

I thought we were now in he CUSA? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger