Milford Academy beats Huson vall JC. | The Boneyard

Milford Academy beats Huson vall JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Milford 50- Hudson Valley 0-
did'nt get much detail but heard dobbs ran well early.
qb berzinskas threw a td early.
berger had a interception and almost took it to the house!
i'll have more info later.

Reaction Score
Milford 50- Hudson Valley 0-
did'nt get much detail but heard dobbs ran well early.
qb berzinskas threw a td early.
berger had a interception and almost took it to the house!
i'll have more info later.
Reports from Tyler Matakevich OLB wants UCONN. coach Chaplich says Tyler will be evaluated by the staff.
thus far tyler has interest from BC' IOWA' SYRACUSE' and UCONN'. Iowa and Syracuse are setting up visits
for tyler. coach Chaplich says tyler fits coach Brown all out attack on defense! lets go UCONN offer the kid,
he's a great cover guy on special teams also!!

Reaction Score
I think it may be tough to squeeze Matakevich into the program at his position. I honestly don't see us signing another LB or S next year unfortunately. He may get caught up in a numbers games. Who knows. I could be wrong. It's happened once.

Reaction Score
Didn't hear much info on the game as well ...but i heard Dobbs got in the end zone and Rub with an interception and a 55 yard bubble screen by Desruisseaux called back due to holding ...but its plenty of talent on this squad

Reaction Score
Didn't hear much info on the game as well ...but i heard Dobbs got in the end zone and Rub with an interception and a 55 yard bubble screen by Desruisseaux called back due to holding ...but its plenty of talent on this squad
heard marc got robbed for a beauty, marc is proving himself. maybe uconn looks at him for wr.

Reaction Score
heard marc got robbed for a beauty, marc is proving himself. maybe uconn looks at him for wr.

Yes it was ...he put the wheels on them down the sideline off a bubble screen 55 yards hes finally taking one game at a time ...whenever he lands they'll have a playmaker

Reaction Score
I think it may be tough to squeeze Matakevich into the program at his position. I honestly don't see us signing another LB or S next year unfortunately. He may get caught up in a numbers games. Who knows. I could be wrong. It's happened once.
yea could happen. Brown will receive his highlights soon to be viewed and evaluated. would rather see him on our side of the ball instead of Syracuse or BC!

Reaction Score
yea could happen. Brown will receive his highlights soon to be viewed and evaluated. would rather see him on our side of the ball instead of Syracuse or BC!

Don't know where the idea would come from that UConn doesn't have another spot for a LB. Both Hicks and Sylva are big inside guys and Norris is being recruited as a DE. The only recruit who may end up at OLB would be Melifonwu, but he is slotted at S. At least 1 OLB will be taken in this class.

Reaction Score
Don't know where the idea would come from that UConn doesn't have another spot for a LB. Both Hicks and Sylva are big inside guys and Norris is being recruited as a DE. The only recruit who may end up at OLB would be Melifonwu, but he is slotted at S. At least 1 OLB will be taken in this class.
matakevich will pan out down the road at the OLB. but can be used on special teams both punt and kickoff, he covers well right away. he's a legit 215lbs, stands 6 1" in looks great on the field all the time! red-shirt add 15 lbs.
of muscle, you have a 230lb. beast that plays big time defense!

Reaction Score
hmmm ... I don't want to jinx us; but, I'd say (as with many coaching transitions), you have a lot of fall out. My thought, now, is that we may end up with a class larger than 25. Maybe 28. I definitely think we will take another fast LB or hybrid Safety. Maybe 2.

Reaction Score
matakevich will pan out down the road at the OLB. but can be used on special teams both punt and kickoff, he covers well right away. he's a legit 215lbs, stands 6 1" in looks great on the field all the time! red-shirt add 15 lbs.
of muscle, you have a 230lb. beast that plays big time defense!
http://connecticut.scout.com/a.z?s=342&p=9&c=4&pid=27&yr=2012
4 OLB'S offered all avg. 6 1"210-215
Abner Logan Mass' 6-1" 210 olb, still holds uconn offer, the other 3 committed.
i have much confidence in Matakevich play, then i do in dobbs and casey playing with us!
4 year highschool starter, 3x ALL-STATE HONORS at OLB.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
NCAA rules no longer let schools take more than 25 players per class. I remember Ole Miss taking 43 in one class. I am glad the practice is over in all honesty

hmmm ... I don't want to jinx us; but, I'd say (as with many coaching transitions), you have a lot of fall out. My thought, now, is that we may end up with a class larger than 25. Maybe 28. I definitely think we will take another fast LB or hybrid Safety. Maybe 2.

Reaction Score
NCAA rules no longer let schools take more than 25 players per class. I remember Ole Miss taking 43 in one class. I am glad the practice is over in all honesty

Yes Bill ... BUT you can still play the game with January enrollees. If they come in Jan, they are 2011 guys (and we didn't come near 25 in 2011) and NOT 2012.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That is true. UConn can have players come in early due to last year's smaller class. Thanks I forgot about that.

What I was talking about all the greyshirting some of these schools were doing , especially in the SEC

Reaction Score
But we can never have more than 85. By my count, on today's roster, if I assume that McEntee and Hinckley are now on scholarship and Donohue (the transfer LB from Maryland) is on as well, I count 80 players this year. 14 of those will definately be leaving the program as seniors. That leaves, before any assumed attrition, 19 spots available for next year. We will see some of the redshirt juniors leave and younger kids may as well, but I think we'll right around 25 if not a bit under.

Reaction Score
We are never by the numbers. BusinessLawyer & I have bet most of the last 6 years. Whatever your count is ... Randy Edsall would always go a few more. They know that attrition takes them 2-4 beyond.

Reaction Score
If UConn is still looking at hybrid Safety, it will be interesting to see if they revisit #22, Jordan Turner (He had two first half INT's vs Hudson Valley). He was being recruited by Coach Moorehead out of high school and Coach Brown when he was at MD.

The kids at Milford will have their recruiting heat up soon, the coaches will be sending out game tape of the first three games this week.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thanks for the info^. hopefully when the tapes come out you or conn12 can put them up on the board for us to see. were watching several players at 3rdbass acd and can't wait for hurricane dobbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom