Mike T. is a smart coach... | The Boneyard

Mike T. is a smart coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Was the lack of a Championship the only reason he was canned at the Sun? I haven't heard anything about it, but I was wondering if he had other issues with management or something.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
When you get the rep that you can't win the big one . . .

And I think there were fans that wanted him gone, for that reason. Which is just silly, and now look what happened. Good coach.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Plumber Luigi said:
And they can be roomies again. With a sitcom on CBS.

Schlemiel ! Schlemazel ! Hasenpfeffer incorporated!

Reaction Score
Although I thought it would be neat to see Bria mentored by Sue it is probably better for Bria to be in DC. Agler rarely plays rookies and prefers veteran players.

I wonder if Agler will ignore the need for a youth movement and keep trading players for vets. Eventually he is going to run into salary cap issues.

Reaction Score
What numbers will they wear? I noticed a lot of players were getting 14 last night and thought maybe that was just to represent the year. If Stef really did get #14 then she could give it to Bria.

Reaction Score
What numbers will they wear? I noticed a lot of players were getting 14 last night and thought maybe that was just to represent the year. If Stef really did get #14 then she could give it to Bria.
The "14" is for 2014 -- all the jerseys had "14"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was looking at the stats for who started and who scored for the Mystics. Latta, Langhorne, Curry, Ajavon and Vaughn mostly. Wtih Hill and Snow also starting some and scoring too. That's 3 guards, a wing, and 3 post players. They lost Langhorne who was an all star I believe this past year, and Ajavon too. And add Lawson.

I don't see Stef or Bria starting fot them. Probably Latta, Lawson, Curry, then not sure - maybe Vaughn and Dolson? Ajavon always reminded me a bit of a Simmons type - sort of out of control and prone to jack up shots at any moment, and I think Lawson is the all around better player, especially for the team hoops concept. She would work well with Stef who's also an incredible team player. Either way Coach T has a lot of options to mix and match. I think the Mystics will win some games this year, but may find themselves on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

Given that the class of 2015 draft seems particularly weak (KML, Williams, and Harrison the 3 best - everyone else sort of average at this point), I'm not sure much past those 3 will be terribly useful to teams in the future...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was looking at the stats for who started and who scored for the Mystics. Latta, Langhorne, Curry, Ajavon and Vaughn mostly. Wtih Hill and Snow also starting some and scoring too. That's 3 guards, a wing, and 3 post players. They lost Langhorne who was an all star I believe this past year. And add Lawson.

I don't see Stef or Bria starting fot them. Probably Latta, Lawson, Curry, then not sure - maybe Vaughn and Dolson? Ajavon always reminded me a bit of a Simmons type - sort of out of control and prone to jack up shots at any moment. But maybe he starts her over Lawson. I think Kara is the more heady player who is better at team ball.

Ajavon is no longer in Washington. She was dealt to Atlanta as part of the Kara Lawson trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom