Mike says boneyard posters are dumb | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mike says boneyard posters are dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan, I don't think that I ever saw it. I am surprised 1) that it happened, 2) that it happened on the woman's board, 3) that it was more than mere hyperbole and 4) that it wasn't immediately noticed and deleted by you or the mods.
The death threats were by email/snailmail, I believe. Back then, the men's and women's boards were combined and I wasn't yet an admin but I do believe such threats would never have been allowed here.

Reaction Score
Compare the teams both UConn and ND have played to give you an idea of who's better. Yes, Kaleena coming back healthy will help immensely; however, I still don't see ND having an answer for Stewie. Dolson adv over Ochonwa, Stewart big adv over Braker, McBride adv over KML because of illness, Hartley adv over Lloyd because of clutch ability, Jefferson adv over Allen. Bench adv Notre Dame due to depth. UConn adv over ND.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Compare the teams both UConn and ND have played to give you an idea of who's better. Yes, Kaleena coming back healthy will help immensely; however, I still don't see ND having an answer for Stewie. Dolson adv over Ochonwa, Stewart big adv over Braker, McBride adv over KML because of illness, Hartley adv over Lloyd because of clutch ability, Jefferson adv over Allen. Bench adv Notre Dame due to depth. UConn adv over ND.
What depth?

Tonight they went 7 deep until the game was decided. I would bet that is what you would see against UConn.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Banks, Stokes and Chong are better than their reserves.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
What depth?

Tonight they went 7 deep until the game was decided. I would bet that is what you would see against UConn.
You could judge the tourney bench of Chong-Stokes-Banks versus Reimer-Cable-Mabrey from many different stats angles with the ND group getting more of a kick in points while the UConn group gets the nod in rebounds and the defensive stats. But the telling one for me that the Irish bench has way more of is turnovers, 99 to the Husky trio's 69. That could be a problem for ND in the tourney. For the Irish, the bench is at best an area where they are even with UConn, but only if they don't TO a lot and play some defense.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You could judge the tourney bench of Chong-Stokes-Banks versus Reimer-Cable-Mabrey from many different stats angles with the ND group getting more of a kick in points while the UConn group gets the nod in rebounds and the defensive stats. But the telling one for me that the Irish bench has way more of is turnovers, 99 to the Husky trio's 69. That could be a problem for ND in the tourney. For the Irish, the bench is at best an area where they are even with UConn, but only if they don't TO a lot and play some defense.

I don't think Cable would see many if any minutes against Uconn.

In the last 4 games against ranked teams Cable barely played.

Maryland - 1 minute, 0 points.
Duke I - 4 minutes, 0 points.
Duke II - 9 minutes, 0 points.
UNC - 5 minutes, 7 points (5 in the last 35 seconds of the game).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The last time UConn & ND played, Madison Cable had a really rough outing of it. I don't know how much she's improved since then, though.

Reaction Score
Has this been posted? Was anyone watching the CPTV Sports program "Beyond the Beat" on Tuesday? There was a discussion about the Boneyard in which Mike DiMauro argued that the posters here are the dumbest people in the world. Jeff Jacobs, however, argued just the opposite. Joe Zone is the host.

The show is now somewhere on YouTube.
And??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And??
Sorry Herb, the train has left the station.

images

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

In the last 4 games against ranked teams Cable barely played.

Maryland - 1 minute, 0 points.
Duke I - 4 minutes, 0 points.
Duke II - 9 minutes, 0 points.
UNC - 5 minutes, 7 points (5 in the last 35 seconds of the game).
Recent trends will of course dictate a player's time in the tourney, and a player could be averaging 15 ppg for the first 25 games, but if she then goes to 3 ppg for the next 8, she will probably see little action at tourney time.

Just saying, there will be around 147 1/2 threads on the BY in the next few weeks about who has the stronger bench, UConn or ND. Cable put up very nice stats for much of the season that will be factored into the bench debates, whether they are totally relevant now or not. And in the debate, Cable will thus be overvalued and Banks will be undervalued in any type of season's stats assessment rather than that old "last 10 games" stat that with good reason is so beloved by the selection committee.

Reaction Score
I didn't say ND's bench was better, just that they had more players on their bench. We've seen how injuries can affect a team. One or two serious injuries and any highly ranked team would be in serious trouble, including UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had forgotten how goofy DiMauro looked.

Unfunny cheap shot. You lose this round.

I'm pretty sure when when he called the Boneyard stupid he was talking about you.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Unfunny cheap shot. You lose this round.

I'm pretty sure when when he called the Boneyard stupid he was talking about you.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't post on the baseball board.

It was a joke based on how Stewart gets called goofy.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Thanks for reminding me why I don't post on the baseball board.

It was a joke based on how Stewart gets called goofy.
Give it up dd, you are not allowed to connect Stewie and MD with any adjective. Hangable offense.

Also not sure that MD is a humorous matter, more like the type of matter you might get on your soles while tromping through a bog.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Di Mauro knows that "dog bites man" isn't as attention grabbing as "man bites dog". He has used inflammatory rhetoric often enough in the past to prove to me that he is a journalistic flamer. And IMO the Boneyard is reacting just as he hoped it would.

Want to deflate a journalist? Ignore them.

Reaction Score
What a fatuous BC a-wipe, and I'm sorry but this is a largely a discussion about themselves and their persecution complex because of "those people" (the misogynist, racist, apathetic) types. Please everybody, lighten up on these guys. Do not accuse them of stealing or being oversensitive. Do not accuse them of being illogical and clueless, of flaming to pick up readers. A few points.

• [ ]No, Mikey. The BY has been resolute in naming you a BC sycophant. You only use ND as a tool in your annual try to discredit UConn's chances for an NC. Wear your green tie this year as you say you "might have to" because you definitely aren't getting a chance with the Eagles' maroon and gold stripes this year. But for you, any color except blue and white is always fine.

[ ]No Mike it was not 2005 and your flaming with the "not enough white faces" article that first got you discredited, though you've forgotten so much of what you've written (with good reason) that you can't remember the earlier crap. Celebrating the "rubble" of the UConn NC season in 2003 after its only loss in the BET was what first clued me in to your ideology. I was really surprised Mikey didn't try to bury the Huskies this season when the game at Baylor wasn't a blow-out.

[ ]So here again Mikey is shown stuttering over the illogic of his latest idiocy over ND, and using it to again smear the Husky fans because they are picking on the poor pile of flounder. First he says he is hurt because BYers got on him for suggesting the ND should be the favorite because they play in a tougher conference, but then starts to backtrack by blubbering that the Irish only "probably" have a stronger schedule. Whatever, the Massey SOS for the two teams is very close at #2 and #3, and I didn't know that having a stronger SOS determined who was the better team, you dim-witted clown. Was UTenn better than UConn back in 2002 when they had by far the best SOS and RPI? The B12 is rated as the strongest conference in the country by Sagarin, better than the ACC, so should Baylor be the top ranked team in the nation? UNC is rated with a much better SOS than Louisville and is in Mikey's hallowed ACC, so should the two teams switch places in the rankings? The guy knows he has no point except to flame the UConn fans, so of course he can only blubber.

[ ]And as for Jeff, you had me sold on your stupidity with the "Boneyarders are the smartest people in the world." Totally clueless. Plus I think he stole that idea from one of the BY's dumber posters, though I'd never be dumb enough to say that after reading the huge corpus of mindlessness that gets posted here every hour.
And I'm threatening Jeff right now. I'm going to send him links to Mikey's stupidest posts over the last 15 years and dare him to reread them. Recovery period would be a lot longer than the one for mono.

Both Jacobs and DiMauro are terrible public speakers, with Mikey worse than Jeffie. Joe Zone looked embarrassed for them. Listening to them stutter - stumble was a tedious task.

Well, he definitely is a print man. Couldn't string together 6 words without pausing, rolling his eyes to the heavens and getting the next 6 words off his mental clipboard. Painful.

Reaction Score
This is the first time I have seen the show and it really is quite boring. None of the three men should be in front of a camera. I'll watch it again if DD and another BYer go on but these three are really booooooooooring.

FIFTY SOMETHING TO GO

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just for laughs I ran a couple of his articles through a readability program to determine the grade level of his writing. The random samples I selected hit a 6th grade level.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen a lot of dopes here over the years. But even the dopes here are well educated. What does DiMauro see in his readers that makes him think he needs to dumb it down? Or has Mike hit his professional ceiling at The Day?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The death threats were by email/snailmail, I believe. Back then, the men's and women's boards were combined and I wasn't yet an admin but I do believe such threats would never have been allowed here.
Ah, I get it. So it wasn't a legitimate criticism of the board.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did you mean AFTER your post?

It was a joke.
I got it and thought it was funny. Not lol funny but funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom