Mike Rehfeldt Returning to Cincy | The Boneyard

Mike Rehfeldt Returning to Cincy

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I actually don't care about this as much as some do, but why on earth did he leave for a year then go back?

Maybe just realized he missed it, but what's to miss?

As snarky as I sound, I'm genuinely curious. That quick of a turnaround and back to the same place he left, that seems the only logical explanation.

Reaction Score
I actually don't care about this as much as some do, but why on earth did he leave for a year then go back?

As snarky as I sound, I'm genuinely curious. That quick of a turnaround and back to the same place he left, that seems the only logical explanation.
Hated Brennan

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

I’m guessing his wife wasn’t digging the CT move. Maybe she left a good job/friends there. The Cuz for his career, especially given what’s going on with Cincy right now, the move doesn’t make any sense.

Reaction Score
Could it have been Brannen?
I wonder as well. Apparently before Brannen got fired, his one year strength coach quit without finding a new position. So in consecutive years strength coaches quit on Brannen...

Reaction Score

Guessing he probably liked Cronin and didn't like Brannen. Midwest guy who was in Cincinnati for almost a decade before coming to CT. Probably missed home.

We need to get someone good, Rehfeldt was much better than the previous guys.

Reaction Score
His wife left a great job in cincy. This really stinks. He changed these kids into men. This hurts a lot

Reaction Score
His wife left a great job in cincy. This really stinks. He changed these kids into men. This hurts a lot
I’m in this boat as well. He was VERY good at his job. I think it’s a pretty big loss. Also I just don’t love the idea of being on the 3rd strength coach in 3 years. Obviously consistency is better, but what can you do. I wish him and his family the best.

Reaction Score

His whole family is from there. His and his wife. His wife was a news person there too. Had a whole life. Had to be Brennan

DH first few years have hit a bit of turbulence w staff.

Reaction Score
That sucks. But oh well, I know a guy who might be a good fit
1484CB14-F688-49AD-9A4D-30FBAC259400.jpeg

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
he’s back where he belongs tbh. amazing what getting rid of a loser HC can do for a program. idk how strength coaches are comparatively but he’s gotta be up there as one of the best.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You're obviously not participating in the "underrated cities" thread, where Cincy is a standout.

Reaction Score
Read the thread, he's a Midwest guy who spent close to a decade in Cincinnati and his wife is from there and is the local sports personality. It has nothing to do with UConn.
I get that but still doesn't look good for UConn. We keep losing assistant coaches and strength and conditioning coaches.

It might all work out in the end but it just sucks seeing this stuff keep happening.

Reaction Score
I mean what's going on here. Even if he hated Brannen it just doesn't look great for us.
Yeah wish our retention was more robust with staff/ But this is a guy going home to a place he loves where he will make similar money. And his family is there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom