OT: - Mike Leach passes away | The Boneyard

OT: Mike Leach passes away

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Very sad news. Much too young.

Reaction Score
I wanted to post about this yesterday but could not express my feelings. Coach Leach was one of a kind and he will be missed by the sports world. Coach Leach, just know you did your best and did it with integrity, RIP.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Massive heart attack at home in Starkville flown to Jackson but he had been out for 15 minutes. Ultimately taken off life support and in his final act of generosity donated his organs. Miss St is coming here to Tampa for the Outback Bowl. I didn't know much about him but he was quite the character and innovator. RIP

Reaction Score
Very sad. I think he was available when Tandy Edsall abandoned the team for Maryland and I remember wondering if he was a possible candidate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Among all the other cool things, I just saw this. Amazing.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
A Key West regular, Mike Leach leaves a legacy — and an empty bar stool

Nice write-up about him in the Washington Post. "This was the coach’s favorite haunt in his favorite town, a place he fled to often, when he would get worn down by the grind of college football and tired of debating and just needed to disappear. He could jump on his bicycle and ride from his cozy bungalow to his bar stool at Captain Tony’s in three minutes flat. He would sit among the signed bras draped over a pipe, the dollar bills stapled to the wall, downing Crown Apple until closing time. Sometimes he would mix it up by ordering nothing but tequila. When he was feeling aristocratic, as the man who forever changed the way football teams play offense, he would spend all night drinking Brandy Alexanders..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom