Mike Hopkins USC | The Boneyard

Mike Hopkins USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boeheim talked about Hopkins interviewing with USC, Cuse fans have told us for the last several years about how they have the perfect succession plan for when Boeheim retires and that Hopkins would be a stud head coach for them and Syracuse would always be an elite program whereas UConn had no such luxury and the UConn program would take a nosedive when Calhoun retires. I'm beyond happy with Kevin Ollie, Cuse fans seem to be changing their tune on Hopkins taking over and are now talking about Boeheim grooming Adrian Autry or McNamara.

Reaction Score
Teams from CUSA, the CAA and the Horizon league have still been to Final Fours more recently then the Cuse.

Reaction Score
It is funny because ive read threads on the Syracuse board as well where they have been treating Hopkins as the 2nd coming of Naismith.

Reaction Score
Cuse fans are simply delusional about their program. They haven't done squat recently. They keep wishing we would go down once Calhoun left the program, but it hasn't been the case. Kevin Ollie will keep this program going year after year. Meanwhile, I hope Cuse can find a replacement for Boeheim that will keep their annual choking history intact going forward.

Reaction Score
Boeheim talked about Hopkins interviewing with USC, Cuse fans have told us for the last several years about how they have the perfect succession plan for when Boeheim retires and that Hopkins would be a stud head coach for them and Syracuse would always be an elite program whereas UConn had no such luxury and the UConn program would take a nosedive when Calhoun retires. I'm beyond happy with Kevin Ollie, Cuse fans seem to be changing their tune on Hopkins taking over and are now talking about Boeheim grooming Adrian Autry or McNamara.

Wasn't he named the coach in waiting? I guess nothing binds you to that.

Sucks to be Jimmy B. and a Cuse fan. For years you had a plan..........

Now you have to find a new one.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Cuse's plans are now? They've been grooming this guy for years. They've invested a lot in him. Are Autry and McNamara ready? I don't think so. But they know the zone. If Syracuse brings someone from the outside, it may change the hallmark of the progtam. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
It is funny because ive read threads on the Syracuse board as well where they have been treating Hopkins as the 2nd coming of Naismith.
You know, despite inventing the game, Naismith was somehow a tty coach. You'd think with having invented the game and all, once you fell behind you could change the rules.

"Uh, sorry guys...now we're going by golf rules, lowest score wins!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Naismith#Head_coaching_record

Reaction Score
Sounds like former USC coach, Tim Floyd, is possibly interviewing to get the USC coaching job again, at least according to ESPN earlier today.

Reaction Score
You know, despite inventing the game, Naismith was somehow a tty coach. You'd think with having invented the game and all, once you fell behind you could change the rules.

"Uh, sorry guys...now we're going by golf rules, lowest score wins!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Naismith#Head_coaching_record
Yes thats actually not too good of a comparison. I knew Naismith had some unimpressive years as a coach but i didnt know the exact numbers. Not too long of a coaching career but still only 2 yrs with an above .500 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom