Mike DiMauro's 3/24/21 Love Letter to CD | The Boneyard

Mike DiMauro's 3/24/21 Love Letter to CD

Reaction Score
Via a Yahoo Link:

I have totally enjoyed watching CD's Press Conference's over the past week or so. She seems to give every single question, no matter how inane, a calm, true and thoughtful response.It has been such a pleasure to watch her and the team. Mike thinks the same.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My wife says I'll get skewered for saying this but I think is some ways Chris speaks better than Geno. Totally different styles and I wish they were both interviewed with regularity.

I didn't hear Chris opening remarks, only heard her response to media questions, so I could be wrong about this: I was saddened that reporters asked after Geno and Nika, but no one asked after Shea.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As I am watching CD do the media availability spots, I'm thinking Geno is on the phone to the NCAA compliance guy in the AD office asking if he can finagle it so Geno can delegate CD to do them for the rest of the tournament and then all next year. :cool:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
CD could've taken a HC job at any other school in the country, and done very well, but she stayed here where she's VERY much appreciated, she's a very special person and I love her to death. my wife loves her bcus they both have the same shopping addiction.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
CD could've taken a HC job at any other school in the country, and done very well, but she stayed here where she's VERY much appreciated, she's a very special person and I love her to death. my wife loves her bcus they both have the same shopping addiction.
I think so, but you just never know. Great longtime assistants/associates can become Kim at Baylor or they can become _____. It is such a different skill set being the CEO compared to being the VP.

I think she was really interested in going back to Rutgers, but they went CViv, and I she decided the grass is not always greener, and I don't think has been interested in any other opening.

Reaction Score
Via a Yahoo Link:

I have totally enjoyed watching CD's Press Conference's over the past week or so. She seems to give every single question, no matter how inane, a calm, true and thoughtful response.It has been such a pleasure to watch her and the team. Mike thinks the same.
Great column - says it ALL about CD

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My hat is off to Mr DiMauro. Considered and well written.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I think so, but you just never know. Great longtime assistants/associates can become Kim at Baylor or they can become _____. It is such a different skill set being the CEO compared to being the VP.

I think she was really interested in going back to Rutgers, but they went CViv, and I she decided the grass is not always greener, and I don't think has been interested in any other opening.
I always thought if she did leave it would to Rutgers, so glad tht didn't happen, call me selfish I don't mind, but she's where she belongs and we'll never let her go...
?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
" There's never been another woman of prominence who has — ever — stood for more decent, wholesome and honorable principles than Chris Dailey, all while helping Auriemma win 11 national championships."
'Nuf said.
Should be written on a banner hanging amongst those championship banners

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First, "UCONN beat the navels off the Orange" - best line of the week. Thanks Mike!

Dailey transcends basketball. There's never been another woman of prominence who has — ever — stood for more decent, wholesome and honorable principles than Chris Dailey, all while helping Auriemma win 11 national championships. Dailey belongs because of who she is, what she stands for and her willingness to teach it. Sometimes, role models, those people in our lives always pushing us toward the right choices, are found right under our noses.

Just an incredible paragraph and insight into just one of the things that makes CD so great. Then there were her own comments:

In the earlier days of the program, Dailey said this: "I think they probably find me annoying when they're here. But I remind them they can find inspiration anywhere if they want to look hard enough. The guy at McDonald's who has to take the bus to work. But still remembers my order. Or reminds me if I'm late one day. Always with a smile. Look how he embraces his job. That's inspiration."

Just wow. Who even talks like that any more? You listen to others try, and it sounds hollow, insincere, and fake. Coming from CD, it's ingrained into her soul. She's special, that's for sure!! I know we often say how lucky we are to have Geno, but we are just as lucky to have Chris. ?

Reaction Score
Respect to Chris Dailey for a first class coaching job against Syracuse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom