Mike Anthony: Winning and losing aside, Randy Edsall needs to change current tone and feel of UConn football program. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: Winning and losing aside, Randy Edsall needs to change current tone and feel of UConn football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He needs to be less Randy. He needs to be more engaging to the press and public. If you win like Belichek you can be an #&%@. Randy hasn't earned that. He also needs to modernize his offense and put out a fan friendly product. Run middle 20+ times a game is not enjoyable. If he was winning a lot I'd live with it, but he's not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edsall's tone, Guifre's "offense" and assistant salary pool all needs to change if the football program is going to be successful. The latter two would make tolerating the first easier.

Reaction Score
Somethings got to change? OK, what? What can Edsall possibly do different now?
So we are discussing what a 60 year old head coach with 236 games under his belt needs to change to be successful? Why do I not see this leading to a good outcome?

Reaction Score
I would like the AD to open up the checkbook for the staff so some will stay around instead of leaving for more money.

I am not sure how many of the staff we want to stick around but the assistant coaching salary pool absolutely has to be increased dramatically. When the head coach offers to take money from his paycheck to keep the offensive coordinator (who left anyway) you have serious issues.

Reaction Score
Fair article. Wrong conclusion. But, it will be what it is until either: 1. Edsall wakes up from 2005 and starts shopping the portal for some impact players or 2. He’s replaced by a dynamic coach with the fire and drive and talent to be successful.

Reaction Score
Fair article. Wrong conclusion. But, it will be what it is until either: 1. Edsall wakes up from 2005 and starts shopping the portal for some impact players or 2. He’s replaced by a dynamic coach with the fire and drive and talent to be successful.
Why would UConn keep a coach who needs to "wake up"?

Reaction Score
I would like the AD to open up the checkbook for the staff so some will stay around instead of leaving for more money.
Billy he will open checkbook when you donate more then 10.00 dollars

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So we are discussing what a 60 year old head coach with 236 games under his belt needs to change to be successful? Why do I not see this leading to a good outcome?
After those 236 games it's already not a good outcome (102-134). Kind of looks like he needs a little help becoming successful.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Had to be kinda skeptical that RE could rekindle the magic of yesteryear , my hope was that he could groom his successor but obviously everyone is leaving town

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I do donate more than that, but do you?

Plenty of people donate and your response is the same one I got from Hathaway when I stated we need more for the assistant coaches and he said "how much more can you give". That is when I knew he was small time and needed to go

Reaction Score
If every living UConn alumn donated $10/ year you could collect 2.5 million per year. That’s enough to pay for a solid young coach. Clemson does it. And they all get stickers to put on their cars the let everyone know they paid their $10. (IPTAY).

Reaction Score
If every living UConn alumn donated $10/ year you could collect 2.5 million per year. That’s enough to pay for a solid young coach. Clemson does it. And they all get stickers to put on their cars the let everyone know they paid their $10. (IPTAY).
How about we make it $20 a year and we pay for a sought after coach at $5 million year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom