Mike Anthony Hartford Courant on James Bouknight | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony Hartford Courant on James Bouknight

Reaction Score
From that link: “The things he has the ability to do, we knew when we recruited him,” Hurley said. “We felt like he was under-recruited. Our fear while we were waiting for the July recruiting period to end was Duke, Kentucky. Because we didn’t see too many guards in the country, at 6-4 or 6-5, who had his skill set.”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can't read the article, but I guess that explains why AG was taking more shots than Bouk vs Xavier.

Seems that's gonna change shortly.

Reaction Score
I heard the preseason comps to Lamb and not to get ahead of ourselves but this kid is more talented than JL. It's an exciting time to say we have a freshman who's more talented than a former lottery pick. The only question is how many years do we get out of Bouk?

Reaction Score
I heard the preseason comps to Lamb and not to get ahead of ourselves but this kid is more talented than JL. It's an exciting time to say we have a freshman who's more talented than a former lottery pick. The only question is how many years do we get out of Bouk?

2 max

Reaction Score
Can't read the article, but I guess that explains why AG was taking more shots than Bouk vs Xavier.

Seems that's gonna change shortly.
Agree that we should hopefully see Bouknight shooting more than Gilbert later in the season. In that specific game though, Bouknight fouled out in 25 minutes. He took 10 shots in 25 minutes and Gilbert took 13 in 39. Pretty easy explanation. Bouknight had the ball in the second OT crunch time before he fouled out on a freshman mistake.

Edit: the fact that Hurley trusted Bouknight out there in such a huge moment speaks volumes. He's a special player.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

The more I think about it and with his offensive skillset, I don't think this kid is coming back next year. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut says he's too talented and will get assurances from teams in the pre-draft process that he's going in the 1st round.

If he does come back, I think we've got national championship potential next year; he's that good.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The best part is the kid we're watching is just Bouk being Bouk. Hurley isn't running sets for him, he's just letting play. That may explain why he didn't take the last shot against Xavier. Once we work this kid into the line up and start running stuff for him his impact on the game will increase.

I don't know if he's coming back next year, and the fact that we are seriously discussing that possibility at what three games into his UConn tenure is impressive in and itself, but I am going to enjoy every minute this kid plays for us. He is a pleasure to watch.

Reaction Score
Lamb is averaging 17 PPG in the NBA right now and making over $10 million a year. Think we gotta pump the breaks on saying JB is more talented than Lamb already. It isn't fair to James, were only a few games into his college career

Lamb had a slow start to his freshman season. Double-figures in 5 of the first 14 games and they were against the likes of Stony Brook, UMBC, Fairleigh Dickson, Coppin State, and Harvard. He had a nice stretch in the middle of the season but then dipped off. He didn't blow up until the BET and NCAAs.

Reaction Score
All this talk about Book comparing to Lamb and Hamilton is really premature. Book only played about 55 minutes of UConn 3 games. He needs to be bigger, older, stronger in his development. He hasn't won anything yet, no championship to his resume. Book seems to enjoy his role with DH and teammates. Here is hoping Book will bring a couple NC to UConn before taking a job with the NBA.

Reaction Score
There's no problem with saying Bouk is as good or better than freshman Lamb because he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom