Mike Anthony: Game Means Everything and Nothing | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: Game Means Everything and Nothing

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey, it's something to do right?

Here is a taste:

“You fly into Hartford and you stay in Hartford,” Mulkey said. “If you were going to Storrs, I just remember last time, it just seemed like forever to get there. Like all places, no one is just champing at the bit to play in Waco, Texas. No one is champing at the bit to go on their home floor in Storrs, and that's at any great program. You'd rather play in a bigger city, in a bigger arena, where you're not on campus. It just seemed like it took forever to get to campus. It seemed like this winding road, you know, like, when are we going to get there?”

Mulkey added, “They're good enough to beat you anywhere. They'll play anywhere, as you well know. They are the cream of the crop.”

Reaction Score

Here is a taste:

“You fly into Hartford and you stay in Hartford,” Mulkey said. “If you were going to Storrs, I just remember last time, it just seemed like forever to get there. Like all places, no one is just champing at the bit to play in Waco, Texas. No one is champing at the bit to go on their home floor in Storrs, and that's at any great program. You'd rather play in a bigger city, in a bigger arena, where you're not on campus. It just seemed like it took forever to get to campus. It seemed like this winding road, you know, like, when are we going to get there?”

Mulkey added, “They're good enough to beat you anywhere. They'll play anywhere, as you well know. They are the cream of the crop.”

Huh? Why the snark?

Reaction Score

Here is a taste:

Nice quote from Kim BUT she's from Texas and lamenting that the elapsed time from Hartford to Storrs seemed forever?!?! Ever drive from El Paso to Texarkana, Kim? That doesn't seem forever; it literally takes forever! And there's a whole bunch of desert that somebody decided needed to be fenced in with barbed wire.

Reaction Score
I think we should all be Kim M. fans. Sure, she's sometimes over-the-top histrionic, but always entertaining. She's obviously a great coach and a great recruiter. My wife, whose interest in basketball perpetually hovers at or around zero, never fails to join me to watch the Baylor games, owing to her fascination with what Kim will be wearing, starting, as always, with the shoes. Finally, at her core, she is, or strikes me, as a great person. How can one not like her?

Reaction Score
See the discussion on the thread about her in General Basketball for a variety of opinions on this topic.

Reaction Score
The bus driver could be paid off to loop through Storrs, or to find some way of having their flight land at JFK

Reaction Score
The Courant states that Baylor has most of the pieces back from last year's title run so I guess they don't consider Chloe Jackson or Kalani Brown to be important pieces? .. What the ... ?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Waco has a regional airport that is served by American Airlines, and I'm imagining all the charter flights land there. Is there a smaller airport closer to Storrs than Bradley?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think we should all be Kim M. fans. Sure, she's sometimes over-the-top histrionic, but always entertaining. She's obviously a great coach and a great recruiter. My wife, whose interest in basketball perpetually hovers at or around zero, never fails to join me to watch the Baylor games, owing to her fascination with what Kim will be wearing, starting, as always, with the shoes. Finally, at her core, she is, or strikes me, as a great person. How can one not like her?
OMG, we must be married to sisters! My wife is always bemused with Kim and her outfits! Spot on my friend, spot on. :)

Reaction Score
Great insight BP. I followed her while she was at, I believe, Louisianan Tech and still feel to this day she was one of the greatest point guards of all time in women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Waco has a regional airport that is served by American Airlines, and I'm imagining all the charter flights land there. Is there a smaller airport closer to Storrs than Bradley?
One close to South Windsor, grass. I't like the old Rienbeck Airdrome only level.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I really wish this game was in Storrs. Reallyreally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom