Mike Anthony Declares Fall Sports A Sham | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony Declares Fall Sports A Sham

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The dominoes are falling, thankfully. The false façade is crumbling. This goofy charade might be coming to an end. "

"I wrote the following on Sunday and I’ll repeat it today: We can’t get back to any semblance of a normal sports world until and unless there is a vaccine, and the most optimistic target date for that is early 2021.

To all those who have people running in circles, those dragging their feet toward pulling the plug on any 2020 aspirations: Just stop. Accept that it doesn’t make sense — in ways of health, logistics and even sanity — to hold any competition until January, at the very earliest.

Still, the engines roar. Because $ $ $."

Nothing like getting ahead of a story. Of course it's a credible position. He's just a little too eager to put his stamp on it for my taste. A normal society consistent with saftey is to be desired. Those who strive for that are not to be derided.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"The dominoes are falling, thankfully. The false façade is crumbling. This goofy charade might be coming to an end. "

"I wrote the following on Sunday and I’ll repeat it today: We can’t get back to any semblance of a normal sports world until and unless there is a vaccine, and the most optimistic target date for that is early 2021.

To all those who have people running in circles, those dragging their feet toward pulling the plug on any 2020 aspirations: Just stop. Accept that it doesn’t make sense — in ways of health, logistics and even sanity — to hold any competition until January, at the very earliest.

Still, the engines roar. Because $ $ $."

Nothing like getting ahead of a story. Of course it's a credible position. He's just a little too eager to put his stamp on it for my taste. A normal society consistent with saftey is to be desired. Those that strive for that are not to be derided.
We already have most games scheduled with teams in leagues Some of those league that are saying they will or might play league games only. More might follow suit. I don’t know what people who think we will have a season worth playing even if our team is able to are seeing that I don’t see.

Reaction Score
They'll be cancelling college football season in the Fall, probably within the next week or so. Will move football & basketball to the Spring semesters. It will take a lot more to cancel pro sports though in the Fall - too much $$$ involved.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Swerve time...if the college football season was to happen but with conference games only, would the Golden Domers suddenly be welcomed into the ACC so that they can have a season?

Reaction Score
Swerve time...if the college football season was to happen but with conference games only, would the Golden Domers suddenly be welcomed into the ACC so that they can have a season?
I believe the ACC has already indicated they would "help ND out".

Reaction Score
I am pushing for June Jamboree to replace March Madness. Stay safe.

Reaction Score
No, Never. ND never wanted to share bowl earnings with a conference for all these years. They made that bed. They don't get a free pass all of a sudden.
If you think I don't like ND? That is correct. As a former AD, they like to show their arrogance across the board every chance they get. They constantly asked for guarantees for early spring trips to Florida, stating "we don't schedule without a guarantee." Every other college athletic department worked together, they all try to help each other, not them.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No, Never. ND never wanted to share bowl earnings with a conference for all these years. They made that bed. They don't get a free pass all of a sudden.
If you think I don't like ND? That is correct. As a former AD, they like to show their arrogance across the board every chance they get. They constantly asked for guarantees for early spring trips to Florida, stating "we don't schedule without a guarantee." Every other college athletic department worked together, they all try to help each other, not them.
I dislike everything ND!!!

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Nothing like getting ahead of a story. Of course it's a credible position. He's just a little too eager to put his stamp on it for my taste. ....

+1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom