Mikayla Coombs/Texas A&M loses (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mikayla Coombs/Texas A&M loses (merged thread)

Reaction Score
1615080181858.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
SDSU is a 6 seed in Creme's bracket so they should still get in, but now a team not expected to get in is going to kill the dreams of some bubble at-large team.

It was certainly possible that both SDSU and USD would make it in. So if the Coyotes win the tourney, not that much disruption.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Creme had SDU in as a ten seed so if they win the conference nothing will change except maybe the seeding.

If any team shoots 57% from three and shoot 14+ of them (Georgia today) they will be scary. Didn't watch the whole game, but they had 4 players shoot 50+% and that strains any defense.

Reaction Score
I'd have said the upset of the day was 5-12 Omaha over #21 South Dakota State. As you allude, Georgia is one of those teams that, if they're on, they can beat anyone if the opponent isn't firing on all cylinders.

There are a lot of teams of the same quality as Georgia, and this year I don't think there's anyone who's invincible against those teams.
South Dakota State was my sleeper team.

Reaction Score
Mikayla making a nice contribution for Georgia in SEC semi final vs TAMU
She was excellent. Scored 14 (I think) and played really well. Happy for her. So many UCONN transfers don't have this type of success.....she and Hunter seem to have shined the most.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She was excellent. Scored 14 (I think) and played really well. Happy for her. So many UCONN transfers don't have this type of success.....she and Hunter seem to have shined the most.
Butler tore it up too, albeit at a pretty low level of competition but worth mentioning.

Reaction Score
Georgia, SC, Stanford, Louisville, Maryland. To be the best you have to beat the best. Those are some of the best teams listed.

Reaction Score
Creme had SDU in as a ten seed so if they win the conference nothing will change except maybe the seeding.

If any team shoots 57% from three and shoot 14+ of them (Georgia today) they will be scary. Didn't watch the whole game, but they had 4 players shoot 50+% and that strains any defense.
Let’s just hope they can repeat that performance in the final!

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Mikayla rolled her ankle in the 1st half, got a tape job, came back in 2nd played great.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
You have to think UGA is now locked as a #3 seed in the tournament (And perhaps even the top 3 seed at #9, unless UCLA beats Stanford today). If Nc State beats Louisville today, I can see them still beating SC for the final #1 seed even if SC wins the SEC tournament, it will be close. If Louisville wins, I think NC State and Louisville are both #2 seeds.

If UGA beat SC, and Louisville beats Nc State, well...I don't know.

Reaction Score
Wow, This was just wonderful to see her play well and smiling! I am so happy for you.
Georgia looks tough.

Reaction Score
A&M is ranked 45th in Team Assists, tied with the Lady Vols. In today's game they had 9 assists on 26 made baskets. IMO a team ranked that low in Team Assists will not win the National Championship. Too much reliance on one on one play. They do have players that aren't afraid to take shots. However sometimes its not the best shot as they don't always look for a player with an easier shot.
A/M receives no love from Massey. Oregon is ranked ahead of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom