Mighty Drexel beat the Cuse | The Boneyard

Mighty Drexel beat the Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OMG. Did not expect this. Drexel has been minor league for years.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
So a 1 point loss means that everything is lost for the Cuse?

Exactly.

Before Quentin Hillsman, Syracuse's head coach was Keith CIeplicki, who posted a 28-55 overall record. Before that, Marianna Freeman's 10-year stint ended with a 104-174 overall record.

In ten years at Cuse (this is his eleventh year), Hillsman has won 22 games at least eight times and has made five NCAA Tournament appearances (four in a row). Last year, he took the program to its first ever Final Four, making it to the national title game.

And he has only had 3 McDonald's All-Americans in his ten years (Brianna Butler, Erica Morrow, Brittney Sykes). He takes his players, and he has made them better.

There is no need to denigrate his accomplishments merely because his team was upset by Drexel.

Reaction Score
I think this year, more than most, there is tremendous parity across the entire field. We will get to see if "parity" is good for WCBB.
Gotta be good. Blowouts by the elite become ho-hum for all but an elite few aficionados who can revel in the finer points of a 92-37 stomping.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
There is no need to denigrate his accomplishments merely because his team was upset by Drexel.

I said how I felt, not with animosity but with an appraisal of his ability to control his players... Are the memories of 2009 so far gone in the game at Syracuse when they tried by whatever means they could to "take us down"...

Refresher Link

Time to move on? Sure, but I don't have to root for him. He had his shot at us.

http://articles.courant.com/2010-02...r-syracuse-coach-quentin-hillsman-uconn-women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom