Mighty Buffalo | The Boneyard

Mighty Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know that Buffalo is a top tier MAC team, with all sorts of BCS level talent on defense.... that's what makes it so strange they are 8.5 point underdogs at home to Ohio.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please go root for Maryland, Edsall needs your help.

Yes, the quality of Buffalo's football team has a lot to do with Maryland and Edsall.

Reaction Score
I know that Buffalo is a top tier MAC team, with all sorts of BCS level talent on defense.... that's what makes it so strange they are 8.5 point underdogs at home to Ohio.

So what are your thoughts on Top Tier Temple destroying your boy two years in a row?

Honestly I have no idea why I was surprised that Randy got blown out at home by Temple.

Reaction Score
Other than self loathing, is there any reason in the world why you would post this thread the night before we kick off conf play?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Other than self loathing, is there any reason in the world why you would post this thread the night before we kick off conf play?

I was doing some handicapping and after looking at the lines was reminded of Pudge's commentary of what a quality team Buffalo is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So what are your thoughts on Top Tier Temple destroying your boy two years in a row?

Honestly I have no idea why I was surprised that Randy got blown out at home by Temple.

I know that the Edsall bashers have a hard time wrapping their heads around this but:

Just because you respected the job the guy did at UConn and defended him from some of the ridiculous criticism does not mean that you think the guy is perfect or that you give a crap what happens to him after he leaves.

I also struggle with why Temple continues to be such an obsession for some coming off a home loss to Western Michigan but to each his own I guess.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Because he is Whaler and he thinks he needs to remind us every day what a crappy program we have.

The irony is that if he was self-identified as a BCU poster, he would have been banned long ago for his trolling. Since he self-identifies as a UConn fan, we have to put up with this.

Reaction Score

You must be a miserabable, mieserable person.

Reaction Score
Whaler, are you auditioning for a spot on Comedy Central? If so, Bill Engvall has some words for you: "HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"

Reaction Score

I am worried as to what the excuse will be after today. Most likely, WVU will be promoted into the NFL.

God I want to pull off a shocker so bad.

Reaction Score
Negative people abound in this world. Much safer way to go through life. Kind of sucks all the fun out of if, but what the hell.....

As for hidden agendas on an anonymous forum like this. It just completely mystifies me. You would think folks would have a million more productive things to do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because he is Whaler and he thinks he needs to remind us every day what a crappy program we have.

The irony is that if he was self-identified as a BCU poster, he would have been banned long ago for his trolling. Since he self-identifies as a UConn fan, we have to put up with this.

You are pure gold. You have years of posts about the Big East that have been proven wrong. Yet those of us who knew the league was doomed aren't UConn fans.

I guess as the program spirals towards 3-9 I should just say how great things are when they get destroyed this week.

How exactly would one post about UConn's football program and not deal with the reality that it's crappy? There is almost not a single positive thing that happened in the entire game today. They dont have a conference and the coaching staff is completely lost.

At any legitimate BCS school they would have burned the stadium the ground already.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Ironically enough, did you notice that Buffalo won today in a shootout?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ironically enough, did you notice that Buffalo won today in a shootout?

I was following the score. They blew a big lead and came up with a win. Good for them.

Actually it's good for UConn, every win Buffalo gets helps keep UConn out of triple digits in the computer rankings.

Reaction Score
You are pure gold. You have years of posts about the Big East that have been proven wrong. Yet those of us who knew the league was doomed aren't UConn fans.

I guess as the program spirals towards 3-9 I should just say how great things are when they get destroyed this week.

How exactly would one post about UConn's football program and not deal with the reality that it's crappy? There is almost not a single positive thing that happened in the entire game today. They dont have a conference and the coaching staff is completely lost.

At any legitimate BCS school they would have burned the stadium the ground already.

Every program has rebuilding years. Football fans can see the positives that the team displays on the field and be encouraged about whats to come, especially with a lot of young talent and a new coaching staff. Notre Dame has been down a decade and their stadium is still standing but i guess you are right, At any legitimate BCS school they would have burned the stadium the ground already

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every program has rebuilding years. Football fans can see the positives that the team displays on the field and be encouraged about whats to come, especially with a lot of young talent and a new coaching staff. Notre Dame has been down a decade and their stadium is still standing but i guess you are right, At any legitimate BCS school they would have burned the stadium the ground already

Seriously do you follow college football? Notre Dame fans wanted Ty Willingham gone halfway through their 5-7 debacle in 2003 and that was coming off a 10-3 season. Charlie Weis went to back to back BCS games his first two years and was a dead man walking a season and half later. There probably wasn't a single Notre Dame fan who wanted him back in 2009.

Reaction Score
Seriously do you follow college football? Notre Dame fans wanted Ty Willingham gone halfway through their 5-7 debacle in 2003 and that was coming off a 10-3 season. Charlie Weis went to back to back BCS games his first two years and was a dead man walking a season and half later. There probably wasn't a single Notre Dame fan who wanted him back in 2009.
We aren't Notre Dame and HCPP has coached 6 games with very little experience at the skill positions to work with. I don't think this season is something to get upset about everyone here who has some understanding of football knew that it would be a rebuilding year. UofL lost to FIU this year should Charlie Strong be fired? I think he's a good coach and a good recruiter. It takes 5 years for a new coach's recruits to get through the program. SU just got invited to the ACC after not having an upper BE team for the last 5+ years I don't think this down year will hurt our expansion options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom