Might Be Another Long Year for Sox fans | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Might Be Another Long Year for Sox fans

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can't really make the call on these guys yet.

Maybe not but with every year that goes by the trade gets better for the Sox. Fun fact: Sale led the majors in strikeouts last season while Moncada led the majors this season.

Reaction Score
With the Sox exercising their option on Sale, and Price surely not opting out, Eovaldi would be competing with Porcello for the third starter in the rotation. The question may be, can the Sox sign him with #3 starter money or will someone else be willing to pay him as a 1 or 2?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sox season will last a just a tad longer. I'm watching the Parade coverage on NESN dot com.

Tom Caron is interviewing a train of Red Sox Players and associates who all sound like they've had a couple/a few pops already.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
BTW Price has exercised his player option. He guaranteed himself $127M over the next 4 years. Whether he gets it all from the Red Sox remains to be seen.

The Sox have a lot of bill coming due after next season. On the other hand, I just assume leave that focus after next season's Duck Boat Parade.

Reaction Score
Winnng this year was nice but they’ve done it before. Something they haven’t done in my lifetime is win back to back. So unless they in next year this will be a little hollow. :)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Just after the Stanton acquisition by the Yankees there was some speculation that the Sox would be able to get get back into contention by signing Eric Hosmer and J.D. Martinez. Instead Dumbrowski resigned Mitch Moreland, a decent player but certainly a downgrade from Hosmer. Now the Sox seem to have turned Martinez off and the door may have closed on picking him up. Reminds me of their treatment of Jon Lester. Oh how I long for the days of Theo!

I wonder if Moreland was even a downgrade from Hosmer.

Haven’t seen a much more obvious fa bust than Hosmer in a long time.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
With the Sox exercising their option on Sale, and Price surely not opting out, Eovaldi would be competing with Porcello for the third starter in the rotation. The question may be, can the Sox sign him with #3 starter money or will someone else be willing to pay him as a 1 or 2?

No I think he’s gonna get porcello money as a max level.

The 2 tjs might limit him, but I’d guess Alex Cobb is the starting point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom