Vivian GrayTexas Tech
Lexie HullStanford
Ayoka LeeKansas State
Kiara LewisSyracuse
Tiana MangakahiaSyracuse
Ali PatbergIndiana
Evina WestbrookConnecticut

Reaction Score
List has 2 ACC, 3 B12, 3 BgE, 4 B10, 4 PAC, and 9 SEC.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't know why Kiana Williams is still on the list, while great last year for Stanford, she's 4th option this year on Stanford. The next few weeks should ferret out a few more and maybe Grace Berger or Ashley Owusu could get added as their Big 10 Player of the Year credentials improve.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't know why Kiana Williams is still on the list, while great last year for Stanford, she's 4th option this year on Stanford. The next few weeks should ferret out a few more and maybe Grace Berger or Ashley Owusu could get added as their Big 10 Player of the Year credentials improve.

Agree about Williams. My guess is they want Stanford to have 2 since they're almost unanimously #1. Her numbers aren't worthy though, I'd give it to Belibi over her if they wanted Stanford to have a second player.

Both Owusu and Miller deserve to be on this list over a lot of players.

Reaction Score
I wonder who picks this list. I notice there are ommisions of players who should be on in place of some that are. Hype and reputation certainly plays a major factors in these lists.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Yeah Owusu not making this list is just not right. I'd put her in over Aliyah Boston. (the wrath of Gamecock nation is coming for me with that comment)

Or Rennia Davis, who hasn't made much noise this year. Possibly because Rae Burrell has gotten better and becoming one of the premiere SEC players.

Reaction Score
I think the people who are making these lists are not watching these ladies play. If they actually see Owusu play, she would be on the list. She was just on national TV Monday. She will be on national TV again this afternoon. I can't think of another player who have better ball handling skills than Owusu. It is Kyrie Irving like.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think the people who are making these lists are not watching these ladies play. If they actually see Owusu play, she would be on the list. She was just on national TV Monday. She will be on national TV again this afternoon. I can't think of another player who have better ball handling skills than Owusu. It is Kyrie Irving like.
But Brenda started using her like Kyrie (not a complement in my book) at the end of the IND game and she was defended well at the end as IND brought numbers and size. Brenda should not rely on her that way (like Arike) but keep her within the offense.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Westbrook may be the victim of her stats, which don't give a good picture of her value. A couple of nationally televised games may get her added back in.
Curiosity question: these watch list have been around for a while now, there are many examples of players being added to the watch list, but can anyone think of a player who was removed from a watch list and then later added back?

Reaction Score
Curiosity question: these watch list have been around for a while now, there are many examples of players being added to the watch list, but can anyone think of a player who was removed from a watch list and then later added back?
The Wooden format is: Pre Season, Mid Season, Ballot and All-American.

The first season I looked at, 2009-10, there were 4 players who appeared on the Pre Season, were dropped from Mid Season and then added to Ballot.

None of the 4 won AA though.
  • Ta'Shia Phillips
  • Samantha Prahalis
  • Andrea Riley
  • Danielle Robinson
1610062724394.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Wooden format is: Pre Season, Mid Season, Ballot and All-American.

The first season I looked at, 2009-10, there were 4 players who appeared on the Pre Season, were dropped from Mid Season and then added to Ballot.

None of the 4 won AA though.
  • Ta'Shia Phillips
  • Samantha Prahalis
  • Andrea Riley
  • Danielle Robinson
View attachment 63352
That's advanced good stuff right there. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Okay, but who can actually name which school all those players went to without looking it up on the 2009-2010 list? I got 34.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Okay, but who can actually name which school all those players went to without looking it up on the 2009-2010 list? I got 34.
Not me. I had to look up one.

Reaction Score
Agree about Williams. My guess is they want Stanford to have 2 since they're almost unanimously #1. Her numbers aren't worthy though, I'd give it to Belibi over her if they wanted Stanford to have a second player.

Both Owusu and Miller deserve to be on this list over a lot of players.
I’m not sure I agree. It’s not all about points. Williams scores when her team needs her to. She is doing the little things and without her, Standford is not the #1 team. She is the glue. I do think Owusu should be on the list. Although Clark is scoring points the rest of her game is very freshman like. I would argue Hailey Van Lith is more impressive with her overall game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I’m not sure I agree. It’s not all about points. Williams scores when her team needs her to. She is doing the little things and without her, Standford is not the #1 team. She is the glue. I do think Owusu should be on the list. Although Clark is scoring points the rest of her game is very freshman like. I would argue Hailey Van Lith is more impressive with her overall game.

I agree it's not all about scoring or stats, but stats are a significant factor for these lists and awards. Williams is averaging 11.8 points, 2.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.9 steals on 37% FG and 31% 3pt shooting. Glue players are important, but those numbers aren't worthy of being on this list by any measure.

Reaction Score
I agree it's not all about scoring or stats, but stats are a significant factor for these lists and awards. Williams is averaging 11.8 points, 2.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.9 steals on 37% FG and 31% 3pt shooting. Glue players are important, but those numbers aren't worthy of being on this list by any measure.
Exactly. Her numbers are down because she isn't the one leading her team. Haley Jones has taken the sophomore ascent and has become the best player on her team. I think she is on there because they are the #1 ranked team. It would look dumb for them to have only 1 player when UConn has 3.

I understand why UConn has 3 on the list. Yet at the same time I don't. Bueckers is a Frosh, but she absolutely deserves to be on this list. I don't think they deserve 3 on the list though. They have played DePaul, and that's it (who is always overrated cuz he's "Geno's pal" and plays him every year). UConn could very well be number 1, but we havent gotten the chance to see it. I hope the Tennessee and South Carolina games happen, because those games will prove if 3 should be up there.

ONO has shown improvement against players not her size. Complete mismatch in most cases. I think CW is the other player deserving to be named in this list. They are victims of the situation, because of course we would all love to see the original games played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom