Mid-South Conference football expanding | The Boneyard

Mid-South Conference football expanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, actual realignment happening. With NAIA colleges. The new conference will have 20 members, so this would be a test case for whether superconferences could operate. Me thinks the NCAA colleges are watching this very closely.

http://columbiadailyherald.com/sports/college/mid-south-conference-football-expanding

The new conference will include the Mid-South Conference’s 13 members: Bethel Univ., Bluefield College, Campbellsville Univ., Cincinnati Christian, Cumberland Univ., Univ. of the Cumberlands, Faulkner Univ., Georgetown College, Kentucky Christian, Lindsey Wilson, Univ. of Pikeville, Reinhardt Univ. and Union College.

They will be joined by six teams from The Sun Conference: Ave Maria Univ., Edward Waters, Point Univ., Southeastern Univ., Warner Univ. and Webber International. St. Andrews Univ. is scheduled to begin football in 2017.

“This merger strengthens our commitment to our football institutions and their student-athletes,” said Mid-South Conference Commissioner Eric Ward.

Ward said the expanded football conference will make it easier for schools to schedule football games as well as bring together institutions with similar values.

“While the driving force behind this venture is to alleviate the difficulty of scheduling, there are a number of other benefits that will be realized by expanding this football conference. This merger will also increase our football footprint with like-minded schools who share our mission to provide a competitive experience to all student-athletes.”

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Cumberland University AND University of the Cumberlands? And a different Georgetown? Sounds like the CFL.

And today the rough riders take on the roughriders.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
And actually the CFL doesn't even have the Rough Riders and the Roughriders anymore... The Rough Riders folded in '96, were replaced by the Renegades which folded in 2002... and now they have the "Redblacks" whatever that is. I married a Canadian... so now I know things like this... which makes me a little sad.

Reaction Score
The Mid-South Conference network is two cans and a string.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1