Mid-Major WCBB Top 10 rankings | The Boneyard

Mid-Major WCBB Top 10 rankings

Reaction Score
I’d say I’d have it in this order:

South Dakota
Rice
Drake

I’m surprised that there’s no James Madison, St. Mary’s, or BYU.

Reaction Score
Seems to me like BYU is an obvious omission.

I know the technical definition used by most for "mid-major" is a school having membership in any Division I conference other than the ACC, American, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 or SEC. Other than football, BYU teams play in the West Coast Conference. However, identifying BYU as a mid-major seems iffy at best, given their high level of funding, national and local support, fan base size, size and quality of facilities, etc.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder if they will put the American in mid-major status starting next year.
With UCONN gone, I think it very unlikely they will ever earn a spot in the NCAA's aside from the AQ who wins the AAC tourney...

Reaction Score
With UCONN gone, I think it very unlikely they will ever earn a spot in the NCAA's aside from the AQ who wins the AAC tourney...

I would think them coaches are thrilled about that scenario...at least they'll have better odds than current situation. :rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I believe the only 3 programs that have secured NCAA bids in the past few years, outside of UConn, have been USF, Temple and UCF. Those are the three that benefit from UConn leaving. Cincinnati may start challenging for a spot soon.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wonder if they will put the American in mid-major status starting next year.
Considering that UCF very nearly put the Duke men out of the tourney last year, I doubt it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Considering that UCF very nearly put the Duke men out of the tourney last year, I doubt it.

You know what they say about close :rolleyes:

Plus you know good and well I was talking about WCBB :mad:

Reaction Score
I would think them coaches are thrilled about that scenario...at least they'll have better odds than current situation. :rolleyes:
Doubt it.
Currently if they finish 2nd they have a shot at NCAAs. Next year it could be conference tourney win or bust.

Also at least one UConn conf game usu gets national TV.

Reaction Score
Glad to see Drake getting some appreciation.

Of the threads I have been reading on here neither their team (Preseason Top 25) or their seniors (WNBA Mocks) have been getting much appreciation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom