Mid Major Love: Players or Teams to Watch in 24-25 | The Boneyard

Mid Major Love: Players or Teams to Watch in 24-25

Reaction Score
I was randomly pretty bummed out thinking, was Savanah Wheeler a senior. Admittedly, I'd mostly caught her in MTSU's matchups against top 25 teams over the past couple years, but I was wondering what happened with her? Did she get a tryout with a W team, did she sign with someone overseas? In any event, I'm not going to make the same mistake this year. I'm gonna try to keep better track of the great talent in the Mid majors. I haven't compiled a list yet, some hoping Boneyarders will chime in with some of their faves. But what made this thread come to mind was Katie Dinnebier of Drake Women's basketball. She's their lead guard who basically put up 18 and 7 assist on 54 42 86 shooting splits. She played well in their tournament game against Colorado, a cool 24 and 7 against Jayln Sherrod, who barely missed making the Liberty this summer. She made such a big jump from her sophomore to junior season. I'm just looking forward to seeing what she does her senior year.

What other players or teams from the mid-major conferences are you looking forward to seeing.

Reaction Score
It could be a rebuilding year for Gonzaga, but Yvonne Ejim is a pleasure to watch play. A bit undersized but highly effective power forward.
I second this. She's gotten better every season and won the Hammon award too. Further proof is her selection to the Olympic squad for Canada. She beat out players like Kyei to have a spot on the roster. Looking forward to seeing what she can do this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Did someone say mid-majors?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Another player I thought I'd mention is Grace Larkins from South Dakota. A guard who averaged 16.5 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 4.9 assists a game. While South Dakota has been down after losing a lot from their Sweet 16 run in 21-22, Larkins has been fantastic and is fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Janelle Brown and Meghan Anderson of Fairfield are outstanding. I'm just assuming Brown returns for a covid year since she was listed as a senior. There's no doubt about Anderson, who will be just a sophomore. Brown is quick and athletic and very effective off the dribble. Anderson, 6'1, is a deadly shooter. Fairfield is a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Janelle Brown and Meghan Anderson of Fairfield are outstanding. I'm just assuming Brown returns for a covid year since she was listed as a senior. There's no doubt about Anderson, who will be just a sophomore. Brown is quick and athletic and very effective off the dribble. Anderson, 6'1, is a deadly shooter. Fairfield is a lot of fun to watch.
Looking forward to seeing how Fairfield does this year. They also have a Canadian recruit I'm a fan of in Cyanne John. Had been targeted by quite a few P4 schools until she suffered back to back season ending injuries and lost a season due to COVID. Personally I think she's paired with a coach who will get the best out of her.

Reaction Score
It could be a rebuilding year for Gonzaga, but Yvonne Ejim is a pleasure to watch play. A bit undersized but highly effective power forward.
I am looking forward to watching Gonzaga games this season. It is going to an interesting season for them and coach Fortier but I know they will do well. Yvonne is a joy to watch. Energy for days! They have a sleeper on the squad in Bree Salenbien who could see more minutes and help the program.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They have a sleeper on the squad in Bree Salenbien who could see more minutes and help the program.
It seems like she's struggled to stay healthy most of her career at GU. I know expectations were high when she arrived. Might've been their highest rated recruit ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom