Microsoft Flight Simulator Questions | The Boneyard

Microsoft Flight Simulator Questions

Reaction Score
The concept intrigues me of being able to virtually see any part of the earth from a birds eye view while flying.

I have no knowledge of gaming, joysticks or XBox or whether they are external devices inserted into USB ports on the back or front of a desktop. I do not know if any or all of them are needed to make this work.

I know this simulator product has not yet been released but I think the concepts have been used in earlier simulator versions, based on comments on the BY.

1. Is the product software downloaded into a PC by being inserted into a DVD drive by a DVD, or is it downloaded from a Microsoft site?

2. Can it operate via the computer mouse by hitting up, down, right and left arrows to fly the plane or by dragging a line like the draw feature to steer the plane?

3. If not, what external products need to be purchased to make this all work?

4. Can the "pilot" slow down the flight to hover over an area to view it, or speed up the flight?

5. Can the flight be pre-programmed so you just sit back and watch?

While it would be educational, I am not that concerned about learning flight controls. I am looking for a nice visual experience of viewing cities from the sky and then hovering down for a closer look, and flying over mountains, etc.

I have no knowledge of the mechanism(s) needed to make it work. I hope there is not too much of a learning curve. My working days have passed.

Any information would be deeply appreciated from any BY members with gaming experience or who worked with it when Excel had this as a hidden feature.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Reaction Score
It can definitely be downloaded though there is a physical version that comes with 10 discs. You will need a pretty powerful PC with a dedicated graphics card to run the game. I'm sure it will be playable with mouse and keyboard but you might be better off with a controller. It is also releasing on the Xbox Series X so the controller support should be pretty good.

Reaction Score
It can definitely be downloaded though there is a physical version that comes with 10 discs. You will need a pretty powerful PC with a dedicated graphics card to run the game. I'm sure it will be playable with mouse and keyboard but you might be better off with a controller. It is also releasing on the Xbox Series X so the controller support should be pretty good.
Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom