mick cronin the crybaby | Page 2 | The Boneyard

mick cronin the crybaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if i recall, 1.0 was enough for a full court Burrell pass, turn dribble and shot by Tate. why not .8 for a catch step and shot.

Tate did not dribble but it was still a lot to do in under a second. :D

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then what is he arguing about?

That they didn't start the clock quickly enough when Adams caught the pass.

Based on the Deadspin guy's analysis he's somewhat right - even if he still got the shot off in time. It was still in time but a lot closer than it looked.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I would love to punch the angry leprechaun in the throat. Hard.
LOL. This post just gave me an image of him dressed like the ND mascot with his fists upside down.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
LOL. This postjust gave me an image of him dressed
The ball is out with 0.3. That's his point the clock didn't start and watching a dozen times he somewhat has a point. That's how the game works though. Humans play it, ref it and keep the time.

Remember when the board was filled with comments that Ollie doesn't complain enough? So now Cronin complains too much will be everything we read for a day.
Doesn't the clock start when Jalen catches the ball
like the ND mascot with his fists upside down.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
LOL. Your post just gave me an image of him in the ND icon outfit with his fists upside down jumping around whining.

Reaction Score
I think Cronin was questioning when the clock started not whether or not Jalen got the shot off with time left. There was .8 left on the clock when the ball was inbounded and Jason was able to catch take a step and shoot. Cronin's complaint is legitimate but his team celebrating cost them the game.

Reaction Score
Mickey should have worried less about the clock and more about why his players weren't defending Jalen on the inbound. Too busy celebrating I guess.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The guy went from having a wicked hard shileglie to limp cabbage in .8 seconds.

Its hard. I'll give him a pass. Kinda.

Reaction Score
I've watched a lot of basketball.

There's no chance those 3 refs were going to make the call Mick Cronin wants. Like infinitesimal probability. I know that. Cronin must. So ... This is just stupid for a coach. You aren't going to get them to splice tenths of a second on the catch & turn.

Play defense. That's tour lesson Mick. To the buzzer.

Reaction Score
The ball is out with 0.3. That's his point the clock didn't start and watching a dozen times he somewhat has a point. That's how the game works though. Humans play it, ref it and keep the time.

Remember when the board was filled with comments that Ollie doesn't complain enough? So now Cronin complains too much will be everything we read for a day.

I want Ollie to complain during the game as that can have an affect on calls later in the game. Complaining here when your team stopped playing and also ignoring the extra time that came off after the made 3 just seems like sour grapes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He is a weasel. I hate seeing him during the game,.. I just wish we beat them during the regular season...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I want Ollie to complain during the game as that can have an affect on calls later in the game. Complaining here when your team stopped playing and also ignoring the extra time that came off after the made 3 just seems like sour grapes.

So I spent a couple of decades officiating everything from Little League to college intramurals to high level high school football. I passed on opportunities to officiate college basketball and college football - you underestimate the people who officate division 1 basketball games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just watched the presser. God Cronin is classless. Coincidently, he was wrong, but regardless, just absolutely classes. Contrast KO talking to Caupain after the game. Just a world of difference.

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Quite a few years ago, Huggins went after him during a game.

Reaction Score
I can't believe he didn't at least say "the kid hit a hell of a shot but the clock didn't start" or "our guys needed to finish the game before we celebrate but the clock didn't start."

Reaction Score
Cronin really does not like us.

I live in the Natti and have never heard him compliment the program or the coaches. He actually said we weren't very good in an interview a few weeks ago. ( Hard to argue with sometimes).

His team's always play hard but he is a major and I'll continue to hate them until he leaves, quits or has an annuerism explode.

There are so many idiot Kentucky fans here they actually make the UC fans tolerable.

Some coaches were just born as complainers. In addition to working the refs endlessly during the game, watch him while his team is huddling. He often spends more time complaining to the refs than he does working with his coaches and then his team. This might actually be what happened when his team was celebrating rather than defending. I didn't go back to watch the timeout prior to the shot heard around the world, but his team should have been coached up as to what to do if they scored.

Reaction Score
I think Cronin was questioning when the clock started not whether or not Jalen got the shot off with time left. There was .8 left on the clock when the ball was inbounded and Jason was able to catch take a step and shoot. Cronin's complaint is legitimate but his team celebrating cost them the game.

Good lord this is absurd.

Reaction Score
Mick Cronin channeling Yamamoto
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with terrible resolve.

Reaction Score
sour grapes. A whiner and complainer at heart...

Everyone knows Jalen's shot was good... he needs to say something in a time of a negative emotion. Unfortunately, he says something stupid... which tells a lot about the man. I thought the their team played hard and should be in the tournament. Does anyone think KO would have acted that way if Jalen does not make the shot and we lost? KO is class all the way. He is the Booker T. Washington of college basketball coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom