mick cronin the crybaby | The Boneyard

mick cronin the crybaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's saying the game was stolen from them and that Jalen didn't get it off in time. He did the same thing when shabazz won poy such a sore loser

Reaction Score
He's saying the game was stolen from them and that Jalen didn't get it off in time. He did the same thing when shabazz won poy such a sore loser
Not a big thing, I respect the Coach even if whining. Can we focus on the positives and ourselves?

Reaction Score
Did Cronin have a stopwatch out to make sure that 0.8 was the right amount of time after the shot in the first place?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
TV replay CLEARLY shows the ball out of Jalen's hands by about 15 feet when you see the backboard light up. Not even close.

Reaction Score
TV replay CLEARLY shows the ball out of Jalen's hands by about 15 feet when you see the backboard light up. Not even close.

That's not what he's whining about. He's saying that the clock didn't start when Jalen caught it. But it also stopped too late when the prior 3 pointer went in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The ball is out with 0.3. That's his point the clock didn't start and watching a dozen times he somewhat has a point. That's how the game works though. Humans play it, ref it and keep the time.

Remember when the board was filled with comments that Ollie doesn't complain enough? So now Cronin complains too much will be everything we read for a day.

Reaction Score
That's not what he's whining about. He's saying that the clock didn't start when Jalen caught it. But it also stopped too late when the prior 3 pointer went in.
Just went back and watched it and it seems like the clock started right when Jalen caught it. Definitely didn't look like there was a clock error on the shot.

Reaction Score
4 OT games are adrenaline packed and emotionally draining. We should give Mick a break here. He's complaining, sure, but he's human. Not to mention that he out coached Ollie twice this year, and almost 3 times if it wasn't for a 3/4 court heave. The guy is a good coach and always seemed like a good person off the court as well. UConn-Cincy has become quite the event, and he's a big reason why. I'm just going to let him blow off some steam.

Reaction Score
if i recall, 1.0 was enough for a full court Burrell pass, turn dribble and shot by Tate. why not .8 for a catch step and shot.

Reaction Score
The ball is out with 0.3. That's his point the clock didn't start and watching a dozen times he somewhat has a point. That's how the game works though. Humans play it, ref it and keep the time.

Remember when the board was filled with comments that Ollie doesn't complain enough? So now Cronin complains too much will be everything we read for a day.
Isn't the rule, the clock must stop after a made basket when under 1:00? The ball falls through the net with 0.8 to 1.0 second. The clock stopped. His rightful argument is that humans can't possibly be that accurate and therefore it should have slipped to 0.3 of seconds. This human( the clock operator) erred on the side of accuracy - too bad.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm also sure the clock operator didn't stop the shot clock exactly the millisecond Johnson's 3 (before jalens) went through the net. Human error is part of the time management of the game and it's a give and take throughout the course of the game.

Reaction Score
I'm also sure the clock operator didn't stop the shot clock exactly the millisecond Johnson's 3 (before jalens) went through the net. Human error is part of the time management of the game and it's a give and take throughout the course of the game.
Its through with at least .9 on the clock

CdT1-n-UMAA5xuW.jpg:large

Section 1. Scoring/Try for Goal
A goal is made when:
a. A live ball that is not a throw-in enters the basket from above and remains in or passes through the basket;

Section 10. Duties of Timers
The official timer shall:
Art. 12. Stop the game clock after a successful field goal with 59.9 seconds or less remaining in the game or any extra period

Reaction Score
I have had it with this collection of damn idiots we are with in this pathetic conference and that we have to endure inane whiners like Cronin and listen to "last 4 in" b.s.

We are UConn!

4 NCAA Tournament Championships (sixth-most all-time)
5 Final Fours
7 Big East Tournament Championships
10 Big East regular season titles
#1 seed in NCAA 5 times
Significant number of players in the NBA

The entire rosters and coaching staff of Cininati, SMU, and Temple can shut the hell up and go pound sand.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I would love to punch the angry leprechaun in the throat. Hard.

any why would Napoleon the Leprechaun be wearing a Mafia suit?

that dog don't hunt

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't the rule, the clock must stop after a made basket when under 1:00? The ball falls through the net with 0.8 to 1.0 second. The clock stopped. His rightful argument is that humans can't possibly be that accurate and therefore it should have slipped to 0.3 of seconds. This human( the clock operator) erred on the side of accuracy - too bad.

It's not even close to his argument. I'm not even sure how you could possibly think this was his argument.

Reaction Score
if i recall, 1.0 was enough for a full court Burrell pass, turn dribble and shot by Tate. why not .8 for a catch step and shot.

Tate didn't dribble.

But that doesn't change the larger point that Mick should stop whining. If his team tries even a little to contest the inbounds pass, Cinci wins.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if Jimmy doesn't like him, then I don't like him

he's just mad because he CAN'T BEAT UCONN in the post season

it's tradition

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Cronin really does not like us.

I live in the Natti and have never heard him compliment the program or the coaches. He actually said we weren't very good in an interview a few weeks ago. ( Hard to argue with sometimes).

His team's always play hard but he is a major and I'll continue to hate them until he leaves, quits or has an annuerism explode.

There are so many idiot Kentucky fans here they actually make the UC fans tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom