Michigan | The Boneyard

Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched a good chunk of their game last night. LeVert is one of the best players in the country, and played very well last night. They are a perimeter team, but they looked weak defensively against a good Xavier team, and got killed on the board, 47-29. Their big men look very soft. I think we will have a nice advantage inside against them.

Early thoughts are we have to run them off the 3 point line. We can't allow Michigan to go crazy from 3 and wreck the game. Who do we put on LeVert? He is going to get his points, but we need to make him work. I would start with Purvis. And attack him on defense. He is not a great defender.

Xavier was able to spread them out and beat them off the dribble all night. I think if we continue to attack, we can score 80+ points against them, like Xavier did.

Reaction Score
Leverts will have a slight height advantage over Purvis. If he has problems, I'd try Hamilton next.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the synopsis.

Lavert could be a matchup where we see just how versatile Miller is.

Reaction Score
Do we want Miller guarding the perimeter? It will be interesting to see what KO does.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Purvis is big, quick, and strong enough to guard him. Plus he has a lot to prove this year. Also try to get lavert in foul trouble early like someone mentioned.

Reaction Score
One game at a time but thanks for the update only saw chunks of the game so little to review. LeVert is really good.

Reaction Score
The result of that game flipped the kenpom prediction for the UConn/Michigan game by about 8 percent. It went from giving us around a 45% chance to a 53% chance. I didn't watch it, but that really must have been a rough game for Michigan.

Reaction Score
Watched a good chunk of their game last night. LeVert is one of the best players in the country, and played very well last night. They are a perimeter team, but they looked weak defensively against a good Xavier team, and got killed on the board, 47-29. Their big men look very soft. I think we will have a nice advantage inside against them.

Early thoughts are we have to run them off the 3 point line. We can't allow Michigan to go crazy from 3 and wreck the game. Who do we put on LeVert? He is going to get his points, but we need to make him work. I would start with Purvis. And attack him on defense. He is not a great defender.

Xavier was able to spread them out and beat them off the dribble all night. I think if we continue to attack, we can score 80+ points against them, like Xavier did.
Good job. I am interested to see if AB can stay out of foul trouble against a legit D1 center. Although with AB, Nolan and Facey we have 15 fouls to give. And that is without factoring in Enouch.

Reaction Score
We have enough big serviceable bodies for the very inevitable two quick ones on AB.

Reaction Score
The result of that game flipped the kenpom prediction for the UConn/Michigan game by about 8 percent. It went from giving us around a 45% chance to a 53% chance. I didn't watch it, but that really must have been a rough game for Michigan.

KenPom's prediction went from bad to bad.

Reaction Score
Levert looked good in the Elon game. He looked like a pro. I'm not a huge fan of playing a team with a guy we can't guard. This could be that case. Hopefully our guys are up to the task.

Reaction Score
Nah, he's just saying KenPom

Whether you irrationally hate statistical models or not, that's not really the issue at hand. It's Michigan's performance in the last game that was the subject of it, seeing as even if you hate the model, that's a big move.

Reaction Score
Whether you irrationally hate statistical models or not, that's not really the issue at hand. It's Michigan's performance in the last game that was the subject of it, seeing as even if you hate the model, that's a big move.

I'm just joking. KenPom has value. I just think his model is a little low on us @ this point. And I don't necessarily think that the shift in Michigan's projection is that noteworthy, when that game was 33% of this years data, and yea, they got trounced.

Reaction Score
I'm just joking. KenPom has value. I just think his model is a little low on us @ this point. And I don't necessarily think that the shift in Michigan's projection is that noteworthy, when that game was 33% of this years data, and yea, they got trounced.

Sure, it's a large part of this season's data, but this season's data is still only a portion of the model, since it uses players' past performance as the baseline. I'm just comparing it to other moves our game predictions have taken during the season, and in that regard, it's the largest move I've seen.

Reaction Score
Good game against Furman, but I'm hoping we have a little more intensity for Michigan.

Reaction Score
Good game against Furman, but I'm hoping we have a little more intensity for Michigan.

I thought intensity level was really good today. Especially for a Saturday afternoon game against Furman. They opened up a 20 point lead pretty quickly and Furman never got close. D played really well to start off the game.

Reaction Score
I thought intensity level was really good today. Especially for a Saturday afternoon game against Furman. They opened up a 20 point lead pretty quickly and Furman never got close. D played really well to start off the game.
Yeah, I suppose. I just thought they coasted in 2nd half. Maybe that's impossible to prevent.

Reaction Score

good points, my thoughts

-purvis is the best defensive player on this team due to his strength and discipline to get over screens. he will indeed draw the assignment on their star playmaker levert.

-Hamilton is really going to have to play his best game defensively, michigan is a very good passing team around the perimeter; they can get open looks. if we are lazy on close outs, or undiscplined ( i.e hopping into the passing lanes like hamilton does so often), they will come out smoking.

-great point on um's bigs, it should be barbecue chicken down there for miller and even facey. Brimah we all know is not good on the block but will be able to finish lobs and block shots. My only worry is that their bigs have some shooting ability, the coverage on these pick n pops need to be sharpened in practice.

All in all after watching them vs xavier i'm pretty confident because of the advantage of gibbs and miller.

Reaction Score
I really think we need to establish Miller early against UM. They don't have an answer for him.

I can see Michigan going small in this game and trying to get our bigs away from the basket like Furman did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom