Michigan | The Boneyard

Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just curious, did all of these fabulous Michigan freshman choose to attend the school before or after the FAB 5 30 for 30 that aired on ESPN about 5000 times last year?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes college athletes pick their schools on two things: uniforms and did I happen to see a documentary about the school lately.

NCSU should blow up soon.

Do 17 year olds sit through documentaries on teams from 20 years ago?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh yeah, they did. It got record ratings.

Record ratings from 17 years old highly recruited players. I didn't realize Nielsen had those numbers.

Reaction Score
No reason to knock the original post. Im sure having an ESPN 30 for 30 made about your program wont turn kids away. Id like to see a 30 for 30 film made for UConn basketball. This type of exposure is great considering how many times its aired.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it didn't hurt.

I'd be willing to bet it had zero impact.

Trey Burke was a relative nobody coming out of high school. 20th rated point guard or something. Stauskas was an unranked three star kid that this board would have had to talk itself into being excited about. Glenn Robinson and McGary were both ranked right around Omar. A good, solid class no doubt but it only seems like a monster because some of them - obviously Burke most of all - wildy exceeded expectations.

But, hey, I'm sure they cheated or got some kind of unfair advantage or something.

Reaction Score
Yeah, much different then ESPN running an infomercial for Kentucky basketball this past fall.

Yeah, there was nothing wrong with the 30 for 30, it was a legitimate story to tell and fell well within the framework of the 30 for 30 series. The infomercial for Kentucky basketball that they aired was seriously disgusting. It was literally an advertisement for Calipari with ESPN hosts him and then allowing him to tell whatever narrative he wants, unchallenged.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Gators couldn't get out and guars the wings and got toasted with 3s. Not pretty Billy the Kid. No 3rd ring for you!!!

Reaction Score
I'd be willing to bet it had zero impact.

Trey Burke was a relative nobody coming out of high school. 20th rated point guard or something. Stauskas was an unranked three star kid that this board would have had to talk itself into being excited about. Glenn Robinson and McGary were both ranked right around Omar. A good, solid class no doubt but it only seems like a monster because some of them - obviously Burke most of all - wildy exceeded expectations.

But, hey, I'm sure they cheated or got some kind of unfair advantage or something.

It is interesting that they have Tim Hardaway's and Big Dog's sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom