Michigan State takes 2 hits....suspensions | The Boneyard

Michigan State takes 2 hits....suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The morning paper says that MSU will be losing 2 players [Taylor and Johnson] for the
first 9 games of the season for impermissable benefits....no details.

9 games strikes me as a rather significant penalty?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I don't consider these suspensions as significant. The only half way decent teams they play in their first nine games is Virginia Tech and Dayton. Dayton being the toughest and its game nine in their schedule and by then will be used to playing without Johnson. They probably would be favorites to win at least 8 of these games and probably still are even after the suspensions. Kiana Johnson is a starting guard and will be missed. However, they have plenty of guards on their roster and should be able to overcome her loss for nine games. While I don't consider these suspensions significant for the team, they are for the players involved.

I did notice that Johnson was to be one of the team captains this year and I wonder if she'll keep the honor.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Geez, Michigan State is pretty pedestrian for its team to be receiving improper benefits. Someone should be asking for their money back.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
given the way the NCAA thinks and operates, the two players probably got a few free downloads from Itunes..:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom