Michigan State is Dirty. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Michigan State is Dirty.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That is one the worst losses to me.

That team was not even remotely as talented as that Uconn team.

Thabeet and adrien got dominated on the boards.

Not having Dyson was huge for that game.
Lots of over the back calls that the refs held their whistles on.

If Stix denied Durrell Summers we win that game. Huge momentum swing.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I wish we beat those losers in 2009.

That is one the worst losses to me.

That team was not even remotely as talented as that Uconn team.

Thabeet and adrien got dominated on the boards.

Not having Dyson was huge for that game.

We win it with Dyson. Their fans were way beyond obnoxious at that game. At least we gave them some payback in the 2014 Elite Eight, but you're right, 2009 still hurts.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
We win it with Dyson. Their fans were way beyond obnoxious at that game. At least we gave them some payback in the 2014 Elite Eight, but you're right, 2009 still hurts.

Well it was a damn home game for them.

And the fact that Walton didn’t get even a t (should’ve been ejected) was damn absurd.

Reaction Score
Michigan State needs to get the death penalty for perhaps a decade. That will serve as a deterent.
The NCAA and B1G didn't do a darn thing with PSU other than implement a calculated punishment regime that passed the sniff test but not so harsh as to risk killing a money producing member. The NCAA collected $60 Million, put a 4 year post season ban in place and cut back their scholarships by 10. The Baylor situation resulted in no penalties by the NCAA and the Conference punished Baylor by helping themselves to some of Baylor's revenue share.

It's all about protecting the P5 money train and keeping the NCAA , Conference and member coffers flush. I don't think they give a damn how many female students, female athletes and little boys are raped and lives ruined except if it threatens the gravey train. It's actually symptomatic of the pervasive effects of big money corruption.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This won't be swept under the carpet because of what it entailed and how young women were sexually treated not only at Michigan St but the Olympic team for years.

No way this just goes away.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Then what the hell is the point of the NCAA?

To call the police. Have you learned nothing from the Penn State case as it relates to the NCAA overstepping it's authority?

As bad as this is, and it's bad, this is a criminal case. Anyone who knew about this and didn't report it is guilty of violating the Cleary Act if not aiding and abetting. They need to go to jail.

Anyone left should be free to play college sports.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Lots of over the back calls that the refs held their whistles on.

If Stix denied Durrell Summers we win that game. Huge momentum swing.

True.

but not letting Morgan have his first good game in like 2 months (against a real opponent, not a 16 seed) would've helped too.

Between Blair's domination and that MSU game, I just knew Thabeet's pro prospects were probably gonna be overstated.

Reaction Score
I think that there is a sort of "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's" going on.

Example...when Albert Means was bought for $200,000 (by an arrangement of an Bama booster) to go to Alabama it was a police matter...& it was an NCAA matter. The booster was convicted on a federal charge of racketeering....and the NCAA sanctioned Alabama.

Failing to report known sexual abuse of minors to authorities and covering up the abuse is most certainly a matter for the courts...as we have seen with Penn State.

True that MSU is a collegiate setting and that athletics comes under certain rules promulgated by the NCAA...but I think that sexual abuse and its cover up is squarely in Caesar's realm.

Reaction Score
I hate the idea that in a year the NCAA will come out and say MSU students were also being helped by this massive sex scandel so no punishment.
Shades of N. Carolina.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I hate the idea that in a year the NCAA will come out and say MSU students were also being helped by this massive sex scandel so no punishment.
“We covered up sex crimes throughout the entire student body, no preferential treatment was given to athletes! Nothing to see here.”

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Not sure what the specific athletic violations are. Failing to offer similar services to all students, rather than athletes only? 'Services' meaning sweeping assault allegations under the rug.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah. Did they / cover for all rapists or just the athlete rapists?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They will be punished like UNC and Louisville.
At least with Lville they lost their coach and sanctions loom
UNC - it's like nothing happened - THE MOST absurd ruling in any situation ever

Reaction Score
The NCAA and B1G didn't do a darn thing with PSU other than implement a calculated punishment regime that passed the sniff test but not so harsh as to risk killing a money producing member. The NCAA collected $60 Million, put a 4 year post season ban in place and cut back their scholarships by 10. The Baylor situation resulted in no penalties by the NCAA and the Conference punished Baylor by helping themselves to some of Baylor's revenue share.

It's all about protecting the P5 money train and keeping the NCAA , Conference and member coffers flush. I don't think they give a damn how many female students, female athletes and little boys are raped and lives ruined except if it threatens the gravey train. It's actually symptomatic of the pervasive effects of big money corruption.

I agree. Penn State was punished but not severely enough. They were a strong program and were able to survive it without long term "on the field" struggles (witness 2017 Rose Bowl appearance). That's why I used "decade" as a timeframe.

One of the reason's that the death penalty was only used once (against SMU) was that in addition to not being able to field a team for one year, they chose not to participate for a second season (they were afraid of getting their 'es kicked. The DP weaken them for years and years . . . and that, IMO, should be the objective. Michigan State should b sidelined for a decade, followed by placement at the D3 level (and not allowed to give out athletic scholarships) for another long period of time. THAT would be a strong deterrent for other programs not to be dirty. Michigan State's athletic program should be crippled.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Michigan State should b sidelined for a decade, followed by placement at the D3 level (and not allowed to give out athletic scholarships) for another long period of time. THAT would be a strong deterrent for other programs not to be dirty. Michigan State's athletic program should be crippled.

Won't happen...keep dreaming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom