Michigan State is Dirty. | The Boneyard

Michigan State is Dirty.

Reaction Score
MSU is dirty, so the NCAA comes after UCONN. I guess Mississippi Valley State was other wise occupied.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Izzo keeps saying "I pray for the survivors" enough times he thinks it will absolve him and the program
His interview after this past Sunday's game couldn't have appeared more disingenuous

Reaction Score
Are these the kinds of things that will bring MSU postseason sanctions and scholarship losses? I'm thinking it's easier for the NCAA to punish for illegal phone calls than horrendous crimes.

Reaction Score
If Izzo keeps saying "I pray for the survivors" enough times he thinks it will absolve him and the program
His interview after this past Sunday's game couldn't have appeared more disingenuous
The same way Payne thought being that sick little girl's best friend would absolve him of any wrongdoing

Go seek out Walton's official statement on all of the story details. He legitimately claims that in the altercation at the bar, out of nowhere and for no reason the woman threw a drink on him and he then left the bar... And yet he plead guilty to littering as a result??

And as expected 95% of the MSU fans believe every word and 'cant wait' to see ESPN fry for their poor reporting. How anyone could believe the guy when his statement basically says "I never did anything even remotely wrong in any of the situations mentioned" is just so beyond me I can't even explain it.

To me, the fact that he doesn't even admit he was hitting on her and being a bit pushy to deserve having a drink thrown on him, and yet he opted to plead guilty to a charge rather than fight the charges is proof enough that his statement is complete trash

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The same way Payne thought being that sick little girl's best friend would absolve him of any wrongdoing
That’s how he’ll go down as. Which is super messed up.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Are these the kinds of things that will bring MSU postseason sanctions and scholarship losses? I'm thinking it's easier for the NCAA to punish for illegal phone calls than horrendous crimes.
Don't give out cream cheese on your bagel, but no worries if you sweep a sexual assault or two under the rug. Or make up some classes.

Reaction Score
Every crime is not an NCAA rule violation. MSU is creepy and disgusting. And very possibly criminally negligent among other things. That doesn’t mean they violated the NCAA rules.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Every crime is not an NCAA rule violation. MSU is creepy and disgusting. And very possibly criminally negligent among other things. That doesn’t mean they violated the NCAA rules.
Sadly you’re right.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Go seek out Walton's official statement on all of the story details. He legitimately claims that in the altercation at the bar, out of nowhere and for no reason the woman threw a drink on him and he then left the bar... And yet he plead guilty to littering as a result??

And as expected 95% of the MSU fans believe every word and 'cant wait' to see ESPN fry for their poor reporting. How anyone could believe the guy when his statement basically says "I never did anything even remotely wrong in any of the situations mentioned" is just so beyond me I can't even explain it.

To me, the fact that he doesn't even admit he was hitting on her and being a bit pushy to deserve having a drink thrown on him, and yet he opted to plead guilty to a charge rather than fight the charges is proof enough that his statement is complete trash

No surprise with Walton. Wasn’t he the scumbag who tried to start a fight at the 09 FF and then backdown when he realized Adrien would kill him?

Reaction Score
Are they investigating recruiting violations at MSU? Or extra benefits doled out?

If they are investigating a cover up of the known abuse of athletes...that seems in another realm, to me, than the NCAA's forte of determining whether added competitive advantage was involved in banned aspects of athlete recruitment.

The school will probably be involved in Title IX investigations, criminal investigations...and, depending on the statute of lmitations, will be defending law suits.

Reaction Score
Well one thing it is not is to be the police and the courts and the MSU Board of Trutees. If someone violates an NCAA rule they can do something but if someone commits a criminal act that is a matter for other authorities. Of course it is possible to do both. Louisville seems the master of that. Prostitution is illegal. Hiring whores for recruits also violates NCAA rules. In this case it seems more illegal than a violation of the NCAA rule book. Of course one would hope the university’s governing body would take strong action since it is their program. They probably won’t but until they don’t Hope remains.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Huh, coulda fooled UCONN.

The penalties UConn suffered have become a big deal here because people have struggled to explain why the program cratered.

Turns out it wasn’t that complicated.

Reaction Score
Michigan State needs to get the death penalty for perhaps a decade. That will serve as a deterent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The penalties UConn suffered have become a big deal here because people have struggled to explain why the program cratered.

Turns out it wasn’t that complicated.

Yeah but they had some pretty good sized teeth relative to the the actual infraction. Double jeopardy I'm looking at you. It's all relative in the end.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I wish we beat those losers in 2009.

That is one the worst losses to me.

That team was not even remotely as talented as that Uconn team.

Thabeet and adrien got dominated on the boards.

Not having Dyson was huge for that game.

Reaction Score
Travis Walton was a good player. I think he's the kid who got the better of A.J. Price in Detroit. One hell of a defensive player, that's for sure. I remember him appearing on the Jim Rome show after they won the regional final against Louisville. He was a captain, or at least one of them, on a team that in hindsight, man they had some guys with edge to them. Raymar Morgan, Kalin Lucas, Corey Lucious, Durrell Summers, Draymond Green...those dudes were either complete street brawlers or on the "conduct detrimental to the team" all-stars. I kind of respect Izzo for having the cajones to recruit all of them to the same team.

The quotes from that article don't make him look great. I mean, to punch a women in public, he must have had some real anger and self-restraint issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom