Michigan is for real | The Boneyard

Michigan is for real

Reaction Score
No doubt. After Zavier Simpson and Jon Teske graduated, I was skeptical on how Michigan would be this year despite their good freshman class and transfers coming in.

We knew Levers and Wagner would be good but Hunter Dickinson immediately stepped in as one of best bigs in the nation (17.5p, 7.9r, 1.5b) while Columbia grad transfer Mike Smith has been much better than I expected providing a calming presence at the point (5.4/2.6 A/TO) and clutch outside shooting (46.2 3p%).

Offensively, I see no weaknesses. As long as they shore up their perimeter D (222nd in nation) and cause more turnovers (328th in nation), they are Final Four contenders. #1 2P D in the nation.

Reaction Score
UM also has 3-year Wake Forest starter Chaundee Brown coming off the bench. He was granted an NCAA waiver to play immediately following Danny Manning dismissal as HC. They have a lot of pieces and Juwan has #1 ranked '21 recruiting class arriving in the fall.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Was very impressed with them last night. Very dangerous team that has threats on the inside as well as from outside.

Reaction Score
Dematha kids are just well coached wink wink. Hunter is the truth. Seems to effortlessly dominate games

Reaction Score
Interesting. I got the impression the Juwan Howard experiment was not going well.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Smartest thing Howard did was hiring Martelli as an assistant. Howard can obviously use his history as a pro and at michigan as a recruiting tool while learning from Martelli about the day to day organization

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a sure sign of spring getting closer is the annual rite of 'the big ten is dominant' and teams x, y, and z are frontrunners for the title. except that's bogus. what are we now, 2 decades from that hypefest winning it all? count me as unimpressed, or even paying serious attention, until they actually win something. anything. now, if we were in that league, then their prospects would be real, cuz, you know, 3 time winners in that 2 decade span beats hype everytime.
i like to think of them as the 'feet of clay' league, or mebbe the 'oscar mayer' league, or the 'best teams on paper' league.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The pope was all over this from day one.

??? Gotta love Francesa. Poster boy for out kicking your coverage in life.

In all seriousness though, with UM performing on the court, they are going to be even more brutal to go up against on the recruiting trail. Hopefully their footprint stays pretty distinct from ours.

Reaction Score
a sure sign of spring getting closer is the annual rite of 'the big ten is dominant' and teams x, y, and z are frontrunners for the title. except that's bogus. what are we now, 2 decades from that hypefest winning it all? count me as unimpressed, or even paying serious attention, until they actually win something. anything. now, if we were in that league, then their prospects would be real, cuz, you know, 3 time winners in that 2 decade span beats hype everytime.
i like to think of them as the 'feet of clay' league, or mebbe the 'oscar mayer' league, or the 'best teams on paper' league.
Another right of spring is ClifSpliffy's weirdly hateful diatribes about the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
The pope was all over this from day one.

Wow that guys good. He also nailed it when he said Uconn would become irrelevant after Calhoun. Well, 1 national title, some tough years but now on a big rise again he seems to be pretty good with predictions. smdh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom