Michelle Smith: Taurasi stuck in drive... | The Boneyard

Michelle Smith: Taurasi stuck in drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Rebecca Lobo came to Connecticut and made us a national program from being a regional program," Auriemma said. "And then Diana came and made us a household name."

"There was something about her in high school that no matter what court she was on, or where, or who she was playing against, she was the best player on the floor," Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma said. "That even included playing pickup with guys."

LINK

Reaction Score
I will not be surprised if Diana plays in the 2020 Olympics.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"The one thing I've learned from other great players is that you are what you do every single day," Taurasi said. "For the last 18 years, the one thing I did every single day was play basketball, think about basketball, think about how to get better.

"People say, 'I don't want to be known as just a basketball player.' Well, shoot, I do. I want to be known as the only basketball player."

Now that is a line. The reason why I like DT more than any other player.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
"people say, 'I don't want to be known as just a basketball player.' Well, shoot, I do. I want to be known as the only basketball player."

People in any sport can learn a lot from this young lady...the words above transcend beyond the sport of basketball and apply to just about any sport.

Reaction Score
One of Geno's greatest catch!!!! Remember the recruiting story about the wine?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Remember how Dee's Mom objected to how dark it was in Storrs? Geno told her it gets dark in California at night too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom