Michala is ready..... | The Boneyard

Michala is ready.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
John A. Tweet from yesterday:

"Sopjhomore #MIchalaJohnson says her knees are fine and she is ready to make her contribution to UConn's frontcourt"

Reaction Score
Glad to hear it! I wondered how she was doing and how much she'll be ablee to contribute.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good to hear. the more depth and competition for each position, the better we will be overall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MJ looks small in comparison to Heather. She may be much better suited for the 4 than the 5. Let's see what she does. She looks more like Swin's build. Maybe she can use her quickness. She is not likely to overpower anyone.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
MJ looks small in comparison to Heather. She may be much better suited for the 4 than the 5. Let's see what s.
True, but if you have...

Stef - 5
Kiah - 5
Heather - 5,4
Michala - 4
KML - 3.2.4
Kelly - 3,4,2

and can use them at a high level of performance, it gives many more options. we all seem to think Kelly will be the starting "4" in that Geno will probably start 4 guards and Stef. but with the tremendous depth we have at the 1-3 spots, having dept at the 4-5 spots will also be key in case of foul trouble, etc. and given KML's ability and strength in the post, she could also play the "4"... you get my point... lots of versatility and lots of options!

Reaction Score
MJ looks small in comparison to Heather. She may be much better suited for the 4 than the 5. Let's see what s.

Yes , Heather is taller by 2-3 inches, but it will be more than height which determines playing time.

BTW, they are both great young ladies!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
True, but if you have...

Stef - 5
Kiah - 5
Heather - 5,4
Michala - 4
KML - 3.2.4
Kelly - 3,4,2

and can use them at a high level of performance, it gives many more options. we all seem to think Kelly will be the starting "4" in that Geno will probably start 4 guards and Stef. but with the tremendous depth we have at the 1-3 spots, having dept at the 4-5 spots will also be key in case of foul trouble, etc. and given KML's ability and strength in the post, she could also play the "4"... you get my point... lots of versatility and lots of options!

My early impressions are that Kiah could play the 4 alongside Stef or Heather. Heather herself talked about being comfortable at the 5, and when I see her play that's what I see, too. Kiah to me seems more mobile, and I think she will give us more valuable minutes as a 4 rather than a 5. Just my two cents

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The difference may be an asset. But, for example, MJ likely would get pushed around by Griner, Bone, and Ogwumike. Heather is much stronger. It will help to have a quick backup and a strong backup. Clearly, with Heather improved, Michala healthy, and Kiah on the team, post depth is far better than last year, especially after Samarie left. My basic point was don't look for MJ to get physical with someone like Elizabeth Williams or Kelsey Bone.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
There's bulk strong and there's wiry strong. Both are effective in basketball. Let's hope Michala is wiry strong.

Reaction Score
There's bulk strong and there's wiry strong. Both are effective in basketball. Let's hope Michala is wiry strong.

Michala needs to beef up if she hasn't already done so because last year she was razor thin. Not just additional weight, but muscle. By doing this she won't be pushed around by opposing posts. That being said I think she has the potential to be a very good player and contribute to the teams success.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
With Michala, Dawanna Bonner comes to mind...now that wouldn't be a bad thing.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
With Michala, Dawanna Bonner comes to mind...now that wouldn't be a bad thing.

NO!! Its not at all! I have seen Michala play in HS in Chicago and she is good!! She was quick and at 6'3 she could move around posts that had no moves. She was quite impressive. I hope she has a breakout Sophomore year. I am pulling for her!

Reaction Score
NO!! Its not at all! I have seen Michala play in HS in Chicago and she is good!! She was quick and at 6'3 she could move around posts that had no moves. She was quite impressive. I hope she has a breakout Sophomore year. I am pulling for her!

If this happens, look out UConn opponents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom