Michael Bradley: A Key Contributor in 2011/12? | The Boneyard

Michael Bradley: A Key Contributor in 2011/12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will go on the record amongst all the AD speculation and argue Michael Bradley will be a KEY factor in UCONN's success this season. Why? The intangibles of heart, intelligence, perseverance and ability will surface and my expectations are that MB will log more minutes this year then both Wolf and Olander. This essentially puts him as a key reserve @ the 4 or the 5 depending on circumstances. Many on the VCU board seem to think Bradley made a big mistake by attending UCONN. Bradley is in a difficult position right now based on the factual scenario presented. He finished his first year of college and to assume he will opt for the 6 yr pharmacy degree is no guarantee. As a matter of fact kids alter their career objectives all the time based on demand and other circumstances. The red shirt does presume however that graduate school is inevitable IF he stays at UCONN.

Here is the basic question. If you were MB parent how would you advise him right now regarding the scholarship looking at the totality of the circumstances?

Reaction Score
Why not Wolf? Haven't heard / seen /smelled anything about him for a year? What's with that?? MB at least took the red shirt.

Reaction Score
I will go on the record amongst all the AD speculation and argue Michael Bradley will be a KEY factor in UCONN's success this season. Why? The intangibles of heart, intelligence, perseverance and ability will surface and my expectations are that MB will log more minutes this year then both Wolf and Olander. This essentially puts him as a key reserve @ the 4 or the 5 depending on circumstances. Many on the VCU board seem to think Bradley made a big mistake by attending UCONN. Bradley is in a difficult position right now based on the factual scenario presented. He finished his first year of college and to assume he will opt for the 6 yr pharmacy degree is no guarantee. As a matter of fact kids alter their career objectives all the time based on demand and other circumstances. The red shirt does presume however that graduate school is inevitable IF he stays at UCONN.

Here is the basic question. If you were MB parent how would you advise him right now regarding the scholarship looking at the totality of the circumstances?
Disagree about Olander. If he gets a little more hand strength, he'll be a factor at the 4. Bradley hasn't proved anything yet and Olander has.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I actually was pleasantly surprised with the improvement in Tyler's game over the course of last season. Based on the reports over the summer league, Bradley appeared to be more of an impact player than TO. Logically I would still give the nod to TO - the regular season should weigh stronger than a semi organized summer league. But my gut keeps telling me the same thing you've declared, Bradley will be the key reserve. Of course the only way for this to happen is that Bradley somehow has managed to surpass TO in his development. We'll soon find out.

Michael's past has been horrific. He didn't have a father and I believe his mom was dependent on drugs. Michael actually tried to be his mom's parent and get her to seek help. But she was unable to change. Michael recongnized this and was mature enough to know he had to distance himself from her. So at a young age he sought out the authorities to get him into a program of a hybrid of foster care/orphanage. That type of maturity speaks volumes about this kid. There is not much doubt in my mind that he has wisdom. And therefore if he is making the decision to relinquish his scholarship, he knows exactly what he is doing and understands the risks he is taking.

There are a lot of kids I would be concerned about over the decision they need to make regarding this scholarship matter. I hope I'm correct in stating Michael is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom