Micah Leon done for year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Micah Leon done for year?

Reaction Score
I’m basing my opinion not just on his games but what Dan O said about him on the highlight tape he made of Steven Krajewski. I trust a guy that has played 13 years in the NFL and gets paid by ESPN to analyze quarterbacks more than I trust Randy. I also based it on what Randy said about Steven Krajewski the day he announced MB as the starter. Steven Krajewski even looked comfortable and poised in the Temple game last year. We have depth at the QB position now and I would just hate to see us lose it.
No spitting match here LIFE but do you realize Randy looks over his players live and on tape every day?
I would love Dan O here as a QB coach but he has way more to cover working at ESPN than to really determine who would or should be the starter here.
If Steven Krajewski wants to run from competition so be it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Richard Lagow ran from Tim Boyle, went to a couple big name schools. Boyle went to a little name school and now has the backup job to Aaron Rodgers.
Funny game it is but If nothing else Randy has a reputation of analyzing talent. Right now we have to trust in Randy and hope the holder of the clip board and the one behind understand it's a next man up game. That and every day compete to be the next man up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hope Micah comes back next year at full strength as you never know when he will be thrust into playing

Reaction Score
The sports world is full of more talented athletes who never make it due to their lack of commitment lack of confidence. Lack of something. Plus if Krajewski leaves who will Pal claim should be playing when Z has a tough game?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll go the flip side. Steven Krajewski should be stoked and preparing even harder to seize the reigns should Jack Zergiotis fail or get injured.
I don't think Steven Krajewski is in Edsall's doghouse per se. RE made it perfectly clear towards end of camp he felt Steven Krajewski was pressing too much and trying to be perfect instead of just good- holding on to the ball waiting for perfect time to throw the ball instead of getting it out of his hands and letting receivers make the play.
I hope Steven Krajewski is getting good advice and practicing like he is one play away from playing the rest of the season, because that is his exact situation.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I’m basing my opinion not just on his games but what Dan O said about him on the highlight tape he made of Steven Krajewski. I trust a guy that has played 13 years in the NFL and gets paid by ESPN to analyze quarterbacks more than I trust Randy. I also based it on what Randy said about Steven Krajewski the day he announced MB as the starter. Steven Krajewski even looked comfortable and poised in the Temple game last year. We have depth at the QB position now and I would just hate to see us lose it.
I would be fairly certain that if you asked DO if he trusts REs decision to pick MB....and now Jack Zergiotis....over Steven Krajewski, he would say RE knows better from watching him in practice.

Reaction Score
In the good old days ... we had a very good rule (and yes - it started on the hoop board). No speculation on Transfers.

For a lot of reasons. Now more than ever. It’s easier. These kids are gonna leap quicker ... and it’ll be dumb. Football has injuries and then opportunities. Steven Krajewski should get better. He’ll get his chance

Reaction Score
No spitting match here LIFE but do you realize Randy looks over his players live and on tape every day?
I would love Dan O here as a QB coach but he has way more to cover working at ESPN than to really determine who would or should be the starter here.
If Steven Krajewski wants to run from competition so be it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Richard Lagow ran from Tim Boyle, went to a couple big name schools. Boyle went to a little name school and now has the backup job to Aaron Rodgers.
Funny game it is but If nothing else Randy has a reputation of analyzing talent. Right now we have to trust in Randy and hope the holder of the clip board and the one behind understand it's a next man up game. That and every day compete to be the next man up.
Not sure transferring is "run from competition". Alabama kid was told younger guy beat you out, same with Clemson kid. Wouldn't call going to Oklahoma running from starting QB competition. Seems competition for starting jobs at Alabama, Clemson and at UConn are/were "over". Coach picked starter, unless starter plays poorly or gets hurt (or you improve very much and can prove it even without getting real playing time) your only opportunity to play is your buddy who is starting plays poorly or gets hurt, nobody wants to count on that happening. It is different being a freshman backing up an upperclassman vs. being an upperclassman (or even same class) backing up a freshman.
Going to another school isn't "running from competition" but rather giving yourself a 2nd chance to compete where you and the new school get to decide if you fit, there will be competition wherever you go. Leaving in middle of season not the best play unless there is something more to it between the player and coach. Was it ok for Zach Frazer to transfer to UConn after ND didn't pick him to start (or even compete)? Seems pretty similar to Steven Krajewski's status at UConn when a younger kid gets picked over you and the head coach actually tells the world the kid has "the IT factor"; and that from a coach who is always worried about "giving the players too much sugar 'cause they will get too fat".
As far as "have to trust in Randy", did I have to trust in PP and Red Pants also?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom