Mic’d Up: Kimani Young | The Boneyard

Mic’d Up: Kimani Young

Reaction Score
I love how they are promoting Kimani and allowing him opportunities to put himself out there as a head coach candidate, like with the Next Up Initiative. I’ll be sad when he moves on, but people achieving is always a joyful thing. Not that I am pushing him out, but quality assistants are going to be lining up for that vacancy when it happens. Get it, Kimani!

Reaction Score
I love how they are promoting Kimani and allowing him opportunities to put himself out there as a head coach candidate, like with the Next Up Initiative. I’ll be sad when he moves on, but people achieving is always a joyful thing. Not that I am pushing him out, but quality assistants are going to be lining up for that vacancy when it happens. Get it, Kimani!

He deserves a HC spot. I could see him being very, very successful at some mid-major. Put his Nova game on tape and he'll get paid!!

Reaction Score
IMO. A secondary benefit of having a full roster this year is the opportunity it gives the players( and assistant coaches) to develop.. DH is providing an excellent environment for his assistants to be challenged and grow as HC candidates.

How do you keep a talented guy like Kimani around and interested in the UConn brand? Keep throwing challenges at him and growing his resume. His time is coming-- He's a class act and a great teacher.

Reaction Score
He deserves a HC spot. I could see him being very, very successful at some mid-major. Put his Nova game on tape and he'll get paid!!

I get that you’re kind of joking, but there is so much to being a head coach that even the best assistants don’t realize until they’re in that spot. It’s always interesting to hear those guys say what they thought it was like compared to what it is. Cox was a phenomenal assistant at Rhody, flamed out in 4 years and now he’s back in an assistant role (at Maryland). One of his problems was thinking he could act as the head coach while not delegating enough and trying to do assistant stuff, too.

It’s like Taliek with Iona- both were/are in a position to take something good, not just anything that’s available. Make the right decisions. Mid-major in the NYC area, or at least a school that recruits that area, would be perfect for Kimani.

Reaction Score
I get that you’re kind of joking, but there is so much to being a head coach that even the best assistants don’t realize until they’re in that spot. It’s always interesting to hear those guys say what they thought it was like compared to what it is. Cox was a phenomenal assistant at Rhody, flamed out in 4 years and now he’s back in an assistant role (at Maryland). One of his problems was thinking he could act as the head coach while not delegating enough and trying to do assistant stuff, too.

It’s like Taliek with Iona- both were/are in a position to take something good, not just anything that’s available. Make the right decisions. Mid-major in the NYC area, or at least a school that recruits that area, would be perfect for Kimani.
I think he could and should aim higher, but I do think something like St. Francis in Brooklyn could open up soon that would allow him to continue to recruit NY and prove he has the chops to be an HC.

Honestly still shocked that Fairleigh Dickinson, Wagner, and even St. Peter's were all right there last season and none of them hired Kimani.

Reaction Score
I think he could and should aim higher, but I do think a lot of local NEC jobs like St. Francis in Brooklyn could open up soon that would allow him to continue to recruit NY and prove he has the chops to be an HC.

Definitely. I selfishly wanted him to be offered and to take the URI job. He could aim higher, but those types of jobs can be tricky. In a conference like the A10, for example, they have coaches that are on the rise and some that are trying a restart after not having as much success at a higher level (guys like Archie Miller and Frank Martin). The numbers don’t always work out, even for qualified candidates. He has some personal circumstances, aside from where his basketball roots are, that might contribute to him preferring to stay in the northeast. It’s months away, but I hope it works out for everyone,

Reaction Score
I'm sure Kimani has his own short list of places he would consider and there's always the wild card opportunity that no one anticipates opening up. Seems like he's enjoying working on his craft and developing/recruiting kids to Storrs. Not a bad thing making a decent amount of money and continuing to work on your recruiting network in the Northeast.

FWIW..I think he's curious about our next two seasons and wants to be part of that success.

Reaction Score
This video is the first time newtown has been featured a lot. And almost all of it is not in a positive light. With Hurley saying Hassan will play starters minutes and AJ at the point as well, I’m no longer expecting much from Newton this season.

Reaction Score
This video is the first time newtown has been featured a lot. And almost all of it is not in a positive light. With Hurley saying Hassan will play starters minutes and AJ at the point as well, I’m no longer expecting much from Newton this season.
I just saw a kid who seemed to be getting coached, didn’t seem like anything crazy. If they weren’t coaching him, then I’d be more concerned.
We have to remember that like 8 guys on the team this year weren’t there last year.

Reaction Score
This thread is the first time TeasenDonut has been featured a lot. And almost all of it is not in a positive light. With temery saying Chief will have his briefs and Fishy posting his as well, I’m no longer expecting much from TeasenDonut this season.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
His coaching job after the BS technical at the Nova game made for one of the greatest games of all time.

After all those down Ollie years with blowouts, AAC sadness, covid cancelled tournaments, games with no fans, rescheduled games, and injuries came the chance to send the message to the big East fans, “UConn is back!”

Tyler Polley finally found his 3s.

RJ with the clutch shot we always knew he could make, then the charge at the other end by Gillespie to seal the deal.

The home crowd was absolutely electric.

We get our first top 10 win in 6 years.

Court storming.

We didn’t know it but It was the last chance to beat Jay Wright at home.

And Tyler “2 rings” Olander cameo appearance.

That game was a monumental shift for the program.

It felt like a national championship game to me.

Reaction Score
This thread is the first time TeasenDonut has been featured a lot. And almost all of it is not in a positive light. With temery saying Chief will have his briefs and Fishy posting his as well, I’m no longer expecting much from TeasenDonut this season.
This gave me a big laugh. Props

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom