Miami leaving the ACC | The Boneyard

Miami leaving the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
well at least if you read what their AD just said the common sense, logical way they are staying:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19156777/miami-says-it-will-remain-committed-to-acc

But then logic has no place in the conference re-alignment discussion because if a school says nothing they are thinking of leaving.

If they say they will look at options, they will be gone in 60 days.

If they say they are committed to a conference then they are leaving this weekend so UM is definitely gone from the ACC.

Oh, and the Doofus of WV says WV is a 'done deal' to the SEC.

Reaction Score
Ever stop to think no one else may be interested in Miami? ACC may be as good as it gets for Miami. In case you haven't noticed, they haven't set the world on fire since they joined the ACC and are mired in a recruiting scandal.

Reaction Score
The privates are all doomed in the east. Duke, BC, Miami, Wake etc are going to be in trouble. Maybe Cuse too. State schools appear to be running everything. Football doomed that is.

Reaction Score
LOL.. Every school put out one of those things about commitment blah blah blah. When the invite comes, they are gone. Missouri had one of those too before they bailed for the SEC. Those things are so meaningless. Most presidents lie when it comes to realignment. They are all committed until a better offer shows up. Until there is a grant of rights, these statements are worthless.

Reaction Score
Who the hell would take Miami right now? They have a Katrina sized storm over them. They may be damaged goods for the duration of any t.v. deal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Miami has no place to go other than the ACC.

I am sure they are terribly committed given their other 'options' are basically limited to a return to the Big East or perhaps CUSA.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I suspect that Shalala would be very happy if she never had to think about the athletic program again. The football program has been a cesspool for decades, and is surrounded by "boosters" who have no other affiliation with the school other than causing trouble for the athletic program. She has pulled 2 straight coaches off the discount rack for both of her major sports, and is clearly going for the "clean" coach that will not make waves or cause problems.

Reaction Score
Miami has no place to go other than the ACC.

I am sure they are terribly committed given their other 'options' are basically limited to a return to the Big East or perhaps CUSA.

But wait a second. All of the internet has Miami going to the Big12 as a package with FSU, Clemson and GT so, of course, they (Miami) have options. You know, the vaunted Eastern division of the Big12.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You're back to hoping and praying again.

The Big 12 does have an axe over the ACC's neck, but it's not because of Miami.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The NN(how many N's is it now?)BE would take Miami back in a minute.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads