Miami at Maryland | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Miami at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sp-terpsfashion_02_1314059040.jpg
crashDummy.jpg

Win or lose, even Crash Test Dummy likes their new digs.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He gave up on passing at UConn because he never had a decent, let alone good, QB. O'Brien looks great, be very interesting to see how many games he can win with a good QB.

This line of thought is amazing to me.

Who was in charge of recruiting?
Who was in charge of playcalling?

People talk about Edsall never recruiting a QB as if it was anyone's fault other than Randy Edsall. It was his fault.

Look at how many coaches and players have come out saying how much more positive the coaches in state are to their offensive players. To their QB's. Casey Cochran never goes to UConn if Edsall is here. Because Edsall doesn't want him.

And now McDonough talking about how one of MD's LB's is a player that Edsall says "isn't getting the most out of his talent."

Classic Randy. Everyone else's fault. Always demand accountability.

But never, ever, EVER exhibit it yourself.

I hope Miami wins by 50. He quit on the players and had no class. Period.

Reaction Score
This line of thought is amazing to me.

Who was in charge of recruiting?
Who was in charge of playcalling?

People talk about Edsall never recruiting a QB as if it was anyone's fault other than Randy Edsall. It was his fault.

This makes no sense. He didn't recruit O'Brien, but he has him, and it is a matter of utilizing him. Which he is. If he had a good QB at UConn, whether he recruited one or not, he would not have ran it 100 times a game. You try recruiting a big time QB to Uconn

zls44

Reaction Score
"You try recruiting a big time QB to UConn"

Be nice if he tried it more than once, wouldn't it? Whatever. He's in the past. Just like Maryland football.

zls44

Reaction Score
RT @BlidiWrehWil5on: Play calling on that drive was horrible

That was BEFORE the call he just made, btw. Incredible. The guy is so stubborn it's hysterical.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
He grew up watching Earl Weaver; wants to win every game by a run.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You try recruiting a big time QB to Uconn
Serious? He recruited Orlovsky out of the gate. He was able to recruit 2 eventual all-american running backs to UConn, yet it's impossible to bring in a QB who can consistently throw for 200 yards?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
they just had some misses -- looked at a juco and a transfer to follow Orlovsky and neither one panned out. i don't think his 'close to the vest' philosophy is going to bring out the best in qb's though...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Serious? He recruited Orlovsky out of the gate. He was able to recruit 2 eventual all-american running backs to UConn, yet it's impossible to bring in a QB who can consistently throw for 200 yards?

Both Tyler Lprenzen and ZF were 4-star recruits. TL was a dual threat QB and ZF was a pro-style. Neither improved once they got to Storrs and you could make the case that they both regressed. Nonetheless, both of them had very good W-L records.

Reaction Score

I had a huge issue with Edsall's recruiting, but the fact is he never had a good QB. Which was his fault. But that is why he ran the ball all the time.

zls44

Reaction Score

He did. They just didn't execute.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
interesting to me is that he inherits a team at md with an undersized ol, no workhorse back and a stud qb.

zls44

Reaction Score
That call was horrific.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
i like megget, loved his dad with the Giants; doesn't look like a 30 carry guy though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom