MHver3 thinks Big East gonna sign with NBC and Yahoo | The Boneyard

MHver3 thinks Big East gonna sign with NBC and Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think his realignment rumors are a mess, but he seems to have a good contact somewhere in the media industry. This may be real.

Reaction Score
He's educated guessing based on the statement made by the BE Commish @ IMG Forum last week...

"Aresco said Thursday there are “six media companies” that want to deal with the Big East. Some of those are easily identifiable -- ESPN, Fox, Turner -- but one source close to the situation said an emerging technology company like Google could be involved"

...and the NBC/Yahoo deal announced Sunday

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73639085/

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's throwing darts at the internet and hoping one of them hits something that isn't completely off the duck*ing wall.

Reaction Score
I think we're all done trying to estimate what type of deal that the BE is going to get. At this point, even the BET is diminished beyond repair unless another move happens that nobody sees coming. At this point, even us optimists I think have conceded that the BE as currently constructed with Tulane and ECU and the loss of UofL just doesn't have the juice. $10M would be a huge stretch at this point.

All the losses up to this point have hurt, but Cincy and UofL really came through on the first round. Pitt, Cincy, and WVU hurt from tradition and national image, but Boise, Houston, and UCF have big upside. Now losing UofL and replacing with ECU and Tulane speaks volumes about the well running dry.

Does anyone even care at this point. The money, whatever it is, will be ridiculously low as a % of Uconn's athletic budget. Another indication that Uconn doesn't belong with this group.

Reaction Score
I think we're all done trying to estimate what type of deal that the BE is going to get. At this point, even the BET is diminished beyond repair unless another move happens that nobody sees coming. At this point, even us optimists I think have conceded that the BE as currently constructed with Tulane and ECU and the loss of UofL just doesn't have the juice. $10M would be a huge stretch at this point.

All the losses up to this point have hurt, but Cincy and UofL really came through on the first round. Pitt, Cincy, and WVU hurt from tradition and national image, but Boise, Houston, and UCF have big upside. Now losing UofL and replacing with ECU and Tulane speaks volumes about the well running dry.

Does anyone even care at this point. The money, whatever it is, will be ridiculously low as a % of Uconn's athletic budget. Another indication that Uconn doesn't belong with this group.
And another indication that an invite to any conference is one we should take, even possibly the MWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom