MHver3: ESPN pushing Uconn to B1G | The Boneyard

MHver3: ESPN pushing Uconn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Tweet:

Espn trying to convince BiG to take Uconn and Either Cuse or BC. Thinks it will keep ACC intact.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Like trying to convince your buddy to take the ugly girl to the prom so you can take lil miss hotty

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
MHver3 is a fan of UConn, which is why his tweets have a pro-UConn bias. I don't know that I believe him.

If ESPN is trying to keep the ACC intact, this would be the way to do it. I don't think Delaney cares much what ESPN wants though.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Three thoughts:

First, I posted this in another thread but I wondered if we were left out by the ACC as the tethered goat to (attempt) to stave off defection from their bigger neighbor.

Second, I can't believe we still listen to MHVer.

Third, if true, you ESPN. NOW you want to play nice to save leagues?

H

Huskieforlife

Three thoughts:

First, I posted this in another thread but I wondered if we were left out by the ACC as the tethered goat to (attempt) to stave off defection from their bigger neighbor.

Third, if true, **** you ESPN. NOW you want to play nice to save leagues?
My apologies. Credit goes to you since I did read it on the B1G thread. Sorry. I just went to his twitter to confirm.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
MHVer is awesome entertainment! I don't think that anyone believes him, but like any other circus oddity, you just can't turn away...

caw

Reaction Score
Three thoughts:

Assuming this is true: I think the key part is more that ESPN is trying to get them to take Cuse/BC rather than any of the southern schools.

That could mean that the BIG is actually looking down south for one school and north for one school.

Of course that speculation is based on this actually be a true statement.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm still not giving him a follow. (For one thing any UConn rumors get posted on the BY so no need to right?)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
My apologies. Credit goes to you since I did read it on the B1G thread. Sorry. I just went to his twitter to confirm.

Totally didn't mean it that way, no worries.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
After 2016, does the Big 10 have any relationship with ESPN at all? Why would they care what ESPN says?

Reaction Score
Well, Fox owns the Big Ten Network with the Big Ten, and is more important than ESPN since the BTN is the key driver. If (big if!), ESPN wanted to keep the ACC intact, they would want the Big 10 to take UConn and either BC or Syracuse.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i wonder where he would get such crazy info

dun dun dun:D

Reaction Score
Well, Fox owns the Big Ten Network with the Big Ten, and is more important than ESPN since the BTN is the key driver. If (big if!), ESPN wanted to keep the ACC intact, they would want the Big 10 to take UConn and either BC or Syracuse.

Agreed. If B1G takes one of the key ACC schools like UNC or UVA, it is over for the ACC. Either way, I don't care as long as it will put us in the B1G.

Reaction Score
MHver3 is a fan of UConn, which is why his tweets have a pro-UConn bias. I don't know that I believe him..

Or maybe he just knows how much we over-analyze even the smallest tidbits of information and thought it would be funny to see how we react...

Reaction Score
Three thoughts:

Wait, just you just say to ESPN for trying to get us into the B1G???

Reaction Score
Reading MHVer's posts about UConn and realignment are similar to what I imagine it would be like if some entertainment blog posted that Jennifer Anniston was dead set on making love to Business Lawyer. I can't imagine that the author actually knows what they are talking about, and I can't imagine the underlying truth of the statement, but nonetheless reading it cheers me up for at least a moment.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
i wonder where he would get such crazy info

dun dun dun:D
Hi, MHVer3? This is HuskyFanDan. I'm best friends with all the big wigs at ESPN. Honest. They definitely are pushing for UConn and Cuse/BC....

caw

Reaction Score
Reading MHVer's posts about UConn and realignment are similar to what I imagine it would be like if some entertainment blog posted that Jennifer Anniston was dead set on making love to Business Lawyer. I can't imagine that the author actually knows what they are talking about, and I can't imagine the underlying truth of the statement, but nonetheless reading it cheers me up for at least a moment.

You can do better.

Reaction Score
You can do better.

I think you overestimate me. (Unless you mean I can post a better reference, as opposed to achieve a better result.)

I am not a pop culture guy. I change female icons very slowly.

Reaction Score
You can do better.

You sure?

aniston6.jpeg

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
How can we diss MHVer when The Dude just named bcu as the B1G's #16th?

This is NOT the time to abandon MHVer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104