Mets trading for Lindor! | The Boneyard

Mets trading for Lindor!

Reaction Score
So, I guess JD Davis is our full time 3B? I was guessing Rosario could maybe make the move but he's gone.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So, I guess JD Davis is our full time 3B? I was guessing Rosario could maybe make the move but he's gone.
I was down on Davis's glove and fielding, but he improved a lot last season, reportedly as a result of a lot of hard work. I think I'm okay with him as presumptive full-time 3B as long as his bat holds up.

I am sad to see Giminez go. Always a positive and one of very few bright spots last season. But, LINDOR!!!

Reaction Score
I think they need to sign someone to play 3B still. His defense regressed a ton last year

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think they need to sign someone to play 3B still. His defense regressed a ton last year
Did it tail off? I have no idea what his stats were, but I remember him being a markedly better fielder earlier last season than he had been in the prior season.

Reaction Score
Did it tail off? I have no idea what his stats were, but I remember him being a markedly better fielder earlier last season than he had been in the prior season.
He started off strong but fell off after the first few weeks. 60 games causes a lot of noise in the defensive metrics but he had -9 DRS in 2019 and -8 in 2020. UZR was a little better, -1.6 in 2019 and -0.3 in 2020

Reaction Score
LOVE THIS TRADE.

I still trust in JD Davis, he's the guy for 3B

Reaction Score
Sandy and Jared Porter both very non-committal just now about JD Davis being the 3B

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He started off strong but fell off after the first few weeks. 60 games causes a lot of noise in the defensive metrics but he had -9 DRS in 2019 and -8 in 2020. UZR was a little better, -1.6 in 2019 and -0.3 in 2020
LOVE THIS TRADE.

I still trust in JD Davis, he's the guy for 3B
Sandy and Jared Porter both very non-committal just now about JD Davis being the 3B
Again, I don't know what the stats say, but based on the games I watched, I would rather see him at 3B than in left field, where he appeared to frequently misjudge balls.

Reaction Score
Again, I don't know what the stats say, but based on the games I watched, I would rather see him at 3B than in left field, where he appeared to frequently misjudge balls.
Oh I would much rather him at 3B than LF. But he's a DH and blocked by Dom there so a trade or real 3B signing is my preference

Reaction Score
I’m willing to give Davis another shot at 3B this year. He’s still cheap, seems to be a hard worker, and the bat has the potential to offset his liabilities. I’m also not sure who is out there to get that makes sense. I guess Cohen could go all in and trade for Arenado.

Reaction Score
And don't overlook the Carrasco piece. Assuming Thor comes back, I don't know...in May? You're looking at deGrom, Stroman, Thor, Carrasco and fill in the blank with Peterson or maybe Lugo?

The pen with Gselman, Diaz, Trevor May, Betances and Familia?

Re-read this post and you see a lot of 3 game weekend series where the visiting team gets on a plane having scored 2 runs in 27 innings.

Reaction Score
And don't overlook the Carrasco piece. Assuming Thor comes back, I don't know...in May? You're looking at deGrom, Stroman, Thor, Carrasco and fill in the blank with Peterson or maybe Lugo?

Re-read this post and you see a lot of 3 game weekend series where the visiting team gets on a plane having scored 2 runs in 27 innings.
Carrasco is the cherry on top. He’s a quality 2/3 ona very reasonable deal. I’ve heard Thor is expected back around June. If they don’t sign anyone else I’d start with Lugo in the rotation and move him to the pen when Thor is back.

Matz is the real wild card. If he can get his head out of his ass and just be a 5 starter you can keep Lugo in the pen and then make a decision on whether to move Matz or Peterson to the pen assuming good health.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This has the look of the Jason Bay of the infield.

Reaction Score
No to JD at 3rd, love the bat but he’s a trade piece. Saw they are or were in talks with the Cubs for Bryant. For one year, why no?

As for Lindor, I’m still pinching myself that this happened and am extremely excited about Carrasco also. Underrated part of the trade.

Reaction Score
No to JD at 3rd, love the bat but he’s a trade piece. Saw they are or were in talks with the Cubs for Bryant. For one year, why no?

As for Lindor, I’m still pinching myself that this happened and am extremely excited about Carrasco also. Underrated part of the trade.
It's been a good month as a Mets fan....for once.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Carrasco had 12 starts last season. And 12 the season before. A very decent #3 if he is healthy out of ST.

A Roberto Clemente Award recipient who has overcome leukemia.

He looks to jump right in and get involved in the community.

Reaction Score
Carrasco had 12 starts last season. And 12 the season before. A very decent #3 if he is healthy out of ST.

A Roberto Clemente Award recipient who has overcome leukemia.

He looks to jump right in and get involved in the community.
To be fair, 12 starts last season was the full season

Reaction Score

I think Peterson definitely sealed up the 4th spot (before Thor is ready) and the 5th spot after he returns, last season. I was skeptical at first but he sold me as he improved throughout the summer as the team went down the tubes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom