Mets Hot Stove '21-'22 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mets Hot Stove '21-'22

Reaction Score
I love the Marte deal. I saw a prediction of him getting 4/80 and my initial thought is if that gets it done he better be a met.

The other 2 guys I didn’t know much about but I like the deals. Short term and not a ton of money. Escobar is a nice stop gap until Baty and/or Vientos are ready to come up. Fans of AL West teams seem to be glad Canha is gone which is nice to read.

At this point I think the position players are by and large done, but I’d take Baez back if the years/money make sense. Bring back stroman and trade with the A’s for one of their starters (take back piscotty if needed) and I think the team will be well positioned for next year.

Reaction Score
Absolutely love these 3 moves! Escobar has been productive, Canha is an OBP demon, and Marte is the best OF on the market. Did not expect any of those 3 guys coming here. Now it's time to shore up the pitching!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I would still love to see Báez signed too, but this is s very good start to the offseason.

Reaction Score
As far as starting pitching available.. I'd like to move on one of the A's starters, they are in firesale mode, Montas would be my pick. Priority would be to re-sign Stro, but if we can't get him we throw a pile of cash at Gaussman. I also like Jon Gray, I think he had a ton of bad luck in Colorado. Even Rodon wouldn't be a bad option. Lots of quality out there, but I just fear we will play the waiting game and then the options are much lower.

Reaction Score
Marte is a great move, curious whether him or Nimmo plays CF. They absolutely still need to be in on Báez or some other big bat though. They still have multiple holes in the lineup that need to be addressed

Would love for them to go after Gausman now that Stroman is all but gone. That would give them a solid rotation and they could add some depth guys later in the offseason

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Mrw GIF

Reaction Score
The rumored offer on the table is 3/129M. If that is true, I’m guessing deGrom gets 4/175M as long as he throws 180 innings this year.

Reaction Score
Welcome Max! This is crazy (in a great way). So happy how the off-season has gone so far. Supposedly more to come also! Lineup is better, now DeGrom/Scherzer back to back?!

Reaction Score
At this point a small part of me hopes they just keep JD, Dom, McNeil and go into the year with a ton of depth to move all over the field

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At this point a small part of me hopes they just keep JD, Dom, McNeil and go into the year with a ton of depth to move all over the field

The Mets’ new lineup might hit Canha sixth and Escobar seventh, with some combination of Dominic Smith, J.D. Davis, Jeff McNeil, and the returned-from-suspension Robinson Canó on the bench. That’s a deep group with plenty of platoon possibilities, coverage in case of injuries, and fodder for trades. (Given the need for backups at catcher and shortstop, there isn’t realistically enough room for all the current Mets major league hitters on one roster.)

Reaction Score
Welcome Max! This is crazy (in a great way). So happy how the off-season has gone so far. Supposedly more to come also! Lineup is better, now DeGrom/Scherzer back to back?!
Hypothetically speaking, deGrom and Scherzer could pitch 4 games in a 7 game series. Just need to get there...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good call with Buck I think.

Now let’s see if there is a season…

Reaction Score
I'm indifferent on Buck. Don't think it'll make a huge difference but Espada was the choice if they wanted a long term answer

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm indifferent on Buck. Don't think it'll make a huge difference but Espada was the choice if they wanted a long term answer
If, as you suspect, the long term plan is to hire Stearns next season and jettison Sandy, don’t you think Stearns will want input on who his manager is? If Eppler is just a stopgap, why wouldn’t the manager be?

Reaction Score
If, as you suspect, the long term plan is to hire Stearns next season and jettison Sandy, don’t you think Stearns will want input on who his manager is? If Eppler is just a stopgap, why wouldn’t the manager be?
That's a fair point, but I don't think Eppler is going anywhere. He's the GM and Stearns would be coming in as President. Eppler and Stearns already have a relationship and are friends, same with Espada

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom