OT: - Mets fans, rejoice! | The Boneyard

OT: Mets fans, rejoice!

Reaction Score
Now all you needs is Dolan to step down (too bad the Knicks franchise is still so profitable for him)

Reaction Score
Better to have an owner that did the securities cheating than owners that got cheated.

Reaction Score
I thought OP was referring to Zach Wheeler signing with their division rivals.

Reaction Score
You still have the Shillpons still running the baseball operations for the next 5 years sooooo yeah. Doesnt mean jack right now.

Reaction Score
They will be spending other people's money,which they were good at,for the next 5yrs

Reaction Score
The Wilpon's spent money when it was coming from Madoff:

- Bobby Bo !!!!
- Jason Bay
- Cespedes
- Jed Lowrie (ex-Madoff) but still didn't play
- Cano
- etc.

They just have the most piss poor judgement (lack of) talent (Cao, Diaz...come on!!!) in the league and absolutely no idea how to develop talent. So make an agent your GM...come on! They make a consecutive error of hiring a rookie manager in NYC...2x in a row...come on!!, they now deserve disaster. Especially if Beltran is subject to punishment for the Astros fiasco. That's what they deserve for lack of diligence and thoroughness.

All this and I still feel I am a mutz fan!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Certainly not one to waste his money

The Pointing Man played as many games as Cespedes and Bonilla combined last season. And only nine fewer than Lowrie.

He’s a steal.

Reaction Score
You still have the Shillpons still running the baseball operations for the next 5 years sooooo yeah. Doesnt mean jack right now.
While Fred & Jeffy will retain their titles for 5 years, they will be powerless once the deal is approved... Cohen isn’t forking over $2.6B to watch those 2 clowns continue to stumble & bumble their way to mediocrity...

Ding, Dong the Wilpon’s are gone!!!

LGM!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
While Fred & Jeffy will retain their titles for 5 years, they will be powerless once the deal is approved... Cohen isn’t forking over $2.6B to watch those 2 clowns continue to stumble & bumble their way to mediocrity...

Ding, Dong the Wilpon’s are gone!!!

LGM!!!!!!!!!
Don't give me hope brother:( Im in a fragile mental state when it comes to my Mets.

Reaction Score
Don't give me hope brother:( Im in a fragile mental state when it comes to my Mets.
I know that frustration all too well... The Mets, for the most part, have always been saddled with ownership who operated like a small market franchise while watching the cross-town Yankees do whatever it took...

The met ownership seem to always be hoping for that perfect storm, even when a couple of off-season moves can make the difference, they seemed to always come up short... Last year a good bullpen would have won them the division; so what are their plans this off-season to remedy that? Sign some unproven jag’s to minor league contracts & hope they catch lighting in a bottle, while we get to enjoy 4 more years of Robinson Cano (thx Brodie - money well spent)...

This will all change in short order with Steve Cohen at the helm - A guy who isn’t relying on the Mets as a primary revenue stream... A life-long Mets fan... A ga-billionaire...

Can’t happen soon enough...

LGM!!!

Reaction Score
The Wilpon's spent money when it was coming from Madoff:

- Bobby Bo !!!!
- Jason Bay
- Cespedes
- Jed Lowrie (ex-Madoff) but still didn't play
- Cano
- etc.

They just have the most piss poor judgement (lack of) talent (Cao, Diaz...come on!!!) in the league and absolutely no idea how to develop talent. So make an agent your GM...come on! They make a consecutive error of hiring a rookie manager in NYC...2x in a row...come on!!, they now deserve disaster. Especially if Beltran is subject to punishment for the Astros fiasco. That's what they deserve for lack of diligence and thoroughness.

All this and I still feel I am a mutz fan!

Jed Lowrie? Lol he was like 2/20m...

How about Carlos Beltran, Pedro Martinez...

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom