MetroNews (WVA) reporting verbal agreement reached between WVU and BE ($20 M) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MetroNews (WVA) reporting verbal agreement reached between WVU and BE ($20 M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ethical corporations? You serious? I feel the agreement is fair for all parties involved. We do have a bunch of schools joining in 2013 and possibly Boise joining next year to take WVU's place. Pitt and Syracuse will be expendable after the 2012-2013 spring semester.

Reaction Score
Ethical corporations? You serious?

Dead serious. I have a 30+ year business career. The blatant disregard for contractual commitment not to mention simply honoring one's word that is so prevelant in major college athletics is the exception not the rule in business. What we see in college athletics is a bunch of folks with limited business experience who have lost their moral compass. The President of WVU should be absolutely ashamed of himself / herself.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the real problem is while every other ad in the frucking country would sleep with his neighbors wife to get his team to where it needs to be, we had a guy enjoying his womens bball games sleeping at the wheel and we finally got rid of him. now were in the game with susan but 2 years later than when everyone else started playing.

Reaction Score
Dead serious. I have a 30+ year business career. The blatant disregard for contractual commitment not to mention simply honoring one's word that is so prevelant in major college athletics is the exception not the rule in business. What we see in college athletics is a bunch of folks with limited business experience who have lost their moral compass. The President of WVU should be absolutely ashamed of himself / herself.
Just asking out of curiosity, but can you please name one major corporation that is ethical?

Reaction Score
Just asking out of curiosity, but can you please name one major corporation that is ethical?

Corporations are neither ethical or unethical. The leadership of those organizations are responsible for putting in place the people, systems and culture that allow the company to perform business in an ethical manner. Most corporations most of the time act this way. Sure, there are the Enrons of the world that emerge and even highly solid culture's like those at BH have there lapses with personnel.

Remember, a tremendous amount of business is almost entirely dependent on a level of trust. Lose that trust and credibility and your ability to transact business can be severely impacted.

Reaction Score

I agree with this. Most for profit businesses would not engage in the atrocious ethical levels of behavior that state universities seem willing to, and even if they were there is no reason for government controlled institutions to be behaving as if they were privately owned monopolies.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. Most for profit businesses would not engage in the atrocious ethical levels of behavior that state universities seem willing to, and even if they were there is no reason for government controlled institutions to be behaving as if they were privately owned monopolies.
Not just government institutions, but institutions of higher learning! They should be holding themselves to a much higher standard of ethics then private companies or gov't, setting an example for young people.

Reaction Score
Not just government institutions, but institutions of higher learning! They should be holding themselves to a much higher standard of ethics then private companies or gov't, setting an example for young people.
Ironically, I'm sure that WVU has an ethics code and probably has a few professors that claim to be 'ethics' experts. Would be interesting to see how they spin this in the classroom.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think everyone needs to temper their expectations of the Boise St team that's possibly joining the conference next year. They lost a large chunk of their starters and their star QB. This isn't going to be the best team Boise has put out on the field. Will it be solid? Sure. But to say it will replace WVU and even add MORE than what WVU brings is a little premature. WVU is LOADED next year and having them in the conference would allow the BE to not get embarrassed in a BCS game next year. Honestly, what remaining BE team is going to field a team that can compete at the BCS Bowl level? There can be a surprise team out there but Louisville is the only program I can think of and they're still gonna be young.

I just think people need to keep in mind that Boise is going to be less than what they were the previous two years and to say they are better to have than WVU is a little crazy. Long term maybe, but for next year, not so much.

Reaction Score
I have no clue how good Boise will be next season, but it seems like you hear this same thing about them every few years, and they seem to reload just fine.

We shall see. I just hope they can come into the league next season w/ WVU leaving.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have no clue how good Boise will be next season, but it seems like you hear this same thing about them every few years, and they seem to reload just fine.

We shall see. I just hope they can come into the league next season w/ WVU leaving.

I agree that it's said a lot. But it's hard to just replace your star QB. I really believe they'll have a season close to TCU this year. Start off shaky but quickly rebound and put together a solid season.

As for them joining next season, I hope it happens too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom