Metallica Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Metallica Appreciation Thread

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
With full appreciation of their classics, I loved a few tracks off Hardwired to Self Destruct. “Now That Were Dead” is fantastic.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
If Mr. Whaley wants to graduate to death metal he could come out of the gate foaming at the mouth like a rabid animal. Maximum energy. If players are scared to play against him now just wait until the death metal is unleashed!

Reaction Score
So was it Metallica or AC/DC???
That's what I'm saying! It had to be Metallica. AC/DC is legendary and can rock hard, but if I need to get ready for battle I'm picking Metallica over them all day.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That's what I'm saying! It had to be Metallica. AC/DC is legendary and can rock hard, but if I need to get ready for battle I'm picking Metallica over them all day.
im pickin these guys

Reaction Score
Probably attended 20+ Metallica gigs in the 90s. First show I went to in Upstate New York I literally thought I was going get killed in the crowd. Then the shows quickly started turning into family entertainment.

Reaction Score
So was it Metallica or AC/DC???
this made me laugh on the broadcast. hurley name-checked kiss and ozzy osbourne on the coach's show, as well. i think whaley clarified in the athletic article by saying he just puts on the heavy metal spotify playlist and doesn't pay attention to the artist.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Landmine has taken my sight, taken my speech, taken my hearing, taken my arms, taken my legs, taken my soul and left me with life in hell !!!!!!!!!!!

That book is darker than anything Metallica could dream up

Reaction Score
If Mr. Whaley wants to graduate to death metal he could come out of the gate foaming at the mouth like a rabid animal. Maximum energy. If players are scared to play against him now just wait until the death metal is unleashed!

What a beautiful song!

Reaction Score

The BDM shirt is the best part of this, sorry

Pantera is probably the best pre-game, get-crazy music I can think of before you get into more extreme stuff

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The BDM shirt is the best part of this, sorry

Pantera is probably the best pre-game, get-crazy music I can think of before you get into more extreme stuff

Like coach Hurley said “it’s getting really weird” in here lol

Reaction Score
Did someone say lockdown? Did someone say Metallica? ??

Edit: Go check out their channel. Some grrat, cooky, fun stuff there!!!

Last edited:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Leper Messiah is the most under appreciated Metallica song imo.

Reaction Score
Wait we were supposed to keep listening after the black album? All the early stuff is classic. I remember watching like eight VHS tapes about the making of the black album and these guys are just fighting nonstop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Lead guitarist of Sabbat plays in Judas Priest now, as a replacement for KK or Glenn.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
we are your overlords.
this should be our theme song. i mean, it's got funny antler hats, people wearing smelly leather clothes, swords, the whole metal shtick. the only difference with some of the farm animal grunting vids posted here is that it's actually a righteous tune. except that.

the hammer of the gods. huskies 2021. whaley approved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom