Metal Detectors To Now Be In Use In Gampel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Metal Detectors To Now Be In Use In Gampel

Reaction Score
It’s really disturbing what is happening. I literally think about my kids in school and think “what if” on a daily basis. I don’t think metal detectors are something to criticize. Just another small layer of hope.
I don't believe the actual metal detectors are what people are complaining about. It's how they run them. At XL if it's a big crowd, it takes like 25 minutes to get in. The people working are not properly trained.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In CT I sense we are reaching the tipping point on a few things now. If things are run efficiently no big deal and it’s perhaps a deterrent in perception if not in reality. Yet, that has not been our XL experience. The barriers or annoyances of increasing costs and inconvenient waits (remember the AZ game and the NCAA tournament) will eventually win out. You can’t keep tipping the scale with your thumb after one side hits the table - it can’t go any further.

it’s everywhere. Mets banned more bags today.

My wife has had to walk back to lot at XL because a totally reasonably sized purse didnt fit in some box.

Security theatre indeed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What nips have plastic caps (kidding...half)?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Rookie. Empty out a smaller plastic bottle with plastic top and fill with nips of your choice.
Who's the rookie? If you aren't using the nip bottle, they aren't worth buying. After the initial use, you keep the nip bottle and refill from a larger one that is cheaper per once for the next game. I have nips bottle that are about a decade old.

Alas, I rarely do it anymore, but the smaller bottles were just easier to hide.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who's the rookie? If you aren't using the nip bottle, they aren't worth buying. After the initial use, you keep the nip bottle and refill from a larger one that is cheaper per once for the next game. I have nips bottle that are about a decade old.

What kind of cheapo madness is this? Who can’t afford a few new nips?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Aren’t nip bottles plastic I’m pretty sure refilling plastic bottles is terrible for you

Husky25

Reaction Score
What kind of cheapo madness is this? Who can’t afford a few new nips?
Aren’t nip bottles plastic I’m pretty sure refilling plastic bottles is terrible for you

What started out as a joke...

Do you tell the kids how the magician does his tricks at birthday parties too?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What started out as a joke...

Do you tell the kids how the magician does his tricks at birthday parties too?

It was hard to tell... and there are a lot of crazy things posted here.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It was hard to tell... and there are a lot of crazy things posted here.

I suppose especially at Gampel.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You'd be refilling plastic bottles with alcohol. Pretty sure BPAs are not in the imbiber's forethought.

Reaction Score
Truth be told, if someone is hell bent on shooting up a group of people, they can just shoot up the crowd waiting to get through the metal detectors. The metal detectors just set a "do not shoot beyond this point" limit. At any place there is a large crowd inside, there are also people outside either leaving or waiting to get in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Security theater.
Exactly. According to this logic, why not have embassy-level security at every single school, movie theater, ballpark, arena, shopping mall, office building, etc.?

Reaction Score
Exactly. According to this logic, why not have embassy-level security at every single school, movie theater, ballpark, arena, shopping mall, office building, etc.?

Give it time...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yeah, what with all the previous attacks using knives and guns that would have been stopped... ? Amazing that they've managed to have these games for decades with no issue.

This is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
People are dumb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom