Messiah deWeaver | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Messiah deWeaver

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good possibility
Can't hurt except I think Krajewski might be a keeper and hate to see him go anywhere
Can Krajewski be redsirted for this past season?
I agree. Krajewski looked pretty confident in the short time and vanilla offense Dunn gave him. I think Dunn should’ve utilized him in at least the last three games (you could tell Pindell was hurting) and let him air it out. Would love to see his arm. The way Lashlee, Edsall and Dunn were talking about him he could be a four year starter. I think we are fine with Krajewski, Washington, Macafee and the 2019 QB. We need to start playing the QB’s we have now. It’s not a good idea to bring in a JUCO player and let these guys sit another year. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I agree. Krajewski looked pretty confident in the short time and vanilla offense Dunn gave him. I think Dunn should’ve utilized him in at least the last three games (you could tell Pindell was hurting) and let him air it out. Would love to see his arm. The way Lashlee, Edsall and Dunn were talking about him he could be a four year starter. I think we are fine with Krajewski, Washington, Macafee and the 2019 QB. We need to start playing the QB’s we have now. It’s not a good idea to bring in a JUCO player and let these guys sit another year. Just my opinion.
We've been here before. In the past, I'd wholeheartedly agree, but now this program is in advanced FBS stages. We don't/shouldn't have time for that now. If the young pups are the better option when they compete in practice b4 the season starts, then so be it; however, if the juco prospect is the better option you take that route. We gotta get this thing turned around. Coddling players is currently not in our vocab

Last edited:

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I think the only way we take this kid is if he's significantly better than what we already have. Krejewski and Washington are intriguing and seem to have potential.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the only way we take this kid is if he's significantly better than what we already have. Krejewski and Washington are intriguing and seem to have potential.

Yeah, he'd have to be really good for me to want him over seeing what the current young guys can do. I think you will have problems recruiting QBs if none of them ever get a chance to play. Now JUCO defenders, TE or OL? Load me up.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Yeah, he'd have to be really good for me to want him over seeing what the current young guys can do. I think you will have problems recruiting QBs if none of them ever get a chance to play. Now JUCO defenders, TE or OL? Load me up.
I completely agree. Give me any and all JUCO DBs, LBs, DL, OL, TE, etc.

Reaction Score
Washington can't even get himself right to travel to all the away games...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Washington can't even get himself right to travel to all the away games...

Thats probably the real back story here. If Washington or Krajewski were crushing it in practice and with academics this slot probably goes to another HS QB prospect instead.

I dont have super high expectations on DeWeaver other than he certainly is intriguing given his frame.

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised we haven't taken advantage (more often, way more often) of taking this route... You have to be STRONG up front.. So, if there are linemen available that can help you NOW, you don't pass on them... Full court press on their recruitment... IMO, we dropped the ball (especially on DL) on that aspect... There's a few edge rushers with size (and maturity and ability) out there that could've seen an opportunity to showcase their ability for the NFL up in Storrs, CT.. I don't buy that there isn't anybody... Enough with being bottom feeders....

Reaction Score
Thats probably the real back story here. If Washington or Krajewski were crushing it in practice and with academics this slot probably goes to another HS QB prospect instead.

I dont have super high expectations on DeWeaver other than he certainly is intriguing given his frame.
The kid had a boatload of offers and eventually ended up at a top flight P5 school. Not winning the job at Michigan State could still mean he is way more talented than what our options are. I say bring him in, and let the other guys beat him out if they're able to.

Reaction Score
Yup, yet a QB with 2 years of remaining eligibility would supplement and help balance the projected 2019 QB crew's eligibility status:

Incoming Frosh (5 years eligibility): 1 or maybe 2
4 years left: Krajewski
3 years left: Washington, McAfee (hat tip to historygeek)
2 years left: -0-
1 year left: -0-

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe McAfee will be a redshirt sophomore like Washington and has 3 years left.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
But old dominion took that other Juco QB, didn’t they?

Reaction Score
MEH.....Not to be mean, but I watched some youtube videos of his games yesterday and honestly it was not very impressive. I would have been very disappointed if one of our current guys didn't beat him out for the QB job. He's not even close to the same league as Chandler Whitmer or even Pindell.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe there is a QB with one year left on eligibility if they attend UConn grad school.

Reaction Score
At this stage, I'd rather have a Grad Transfer from a P5 school who lost out on the starting job and is eligible to play, and will probably be better (more prepared) than anybody we have now...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom