Message to Uconn AD from one remaining football fan... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Message to Uconn AD from one remaining football fan...

Reaction Score
The DB out stuff is because he's given every indication he wants out, not that people are expecting him to be fired.
If he wanted out he would be gone.

Reaction Score
So as the one remaining fan who is renewing his season tickets. Don't give up Mr. Benedict your best days are ahead.
You are not alone unless its one of your more silly thoughts posted here. :D
Will be renewing for at least three again. Many football fans simply do not realize the recruiting damage done by Paul and Wacky Bob cannot be repaired overnight.
I stood next to a Mizzo fan at the Huskie Walk in 17, his comment was wow this team looks small. Nice guy about 6'4 300lbs + - but in very good shape for one that looked to be 40 ish. We talked a bit afterward and
I got he was a former Mizzo lineman and follows the team.
The damage to the program can never be estimated with the hire of Paul who was fired as a college coach and years removed from recruiting. Then the quick turnover and the hire of Wacky Bob recruiting players without D1 talent but his theory of being RKG's....Head bang

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are not alone unless its one of your more silly thoughts posted here. :D
Will be renewing for at least three again. Many football fans simply do not realize the recruiting damage done by Paul and Wacky Bob cannot be repaired overnight.
I stood next to a Mizzo fan at the Huskie Walk in 17, his comment was wow this team looks small. Nice guy about 6'4 300lbs + - but in very good shape for one that looked to be 40 ish. We talked a bit afterward and
I got he was a former Mizzo lineman and follows the team.
The damage to the program can never be estimated with the hire of Paul who was fired as a college coach and years removed from recruiting. Then the quick turnover and the hire of Wacky Bob recruiting players without D1 talent but his theory of being RKG's....Head bang

That was Drew Lock’s dad you were talking to.

Reaction Score
The DB out stuff is because he's given every indication he wants out, not that people are expecting him to be fired.

He told you as much? What is the sourcing on that?

Reaction Score
If Randy leaves or is fired in 2019 just who should UConn get as the new coach? The team is ranked too low for more decent coaches to consider coming here and even if we got someone, if they can turn UConn around, some other school would likely grab them up soon. I would like it if UConn got Kliff Kingsbury, but would he come when he already turned down an offer from Houston. And is UConn going to offer enough money to draw someone decent?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Kingsbury is going to leave Arizona Head Coach job to take the UConn Head Coaching job??

This place makes my head hurt...

The account you’re responding to might not be a serious UConn fan.

Reaction Score
If Randy leaves or is fired in 2019 just who should UConn get as the new coach? The team is ranked too low for more decent coaches to consider coming here and even if we got someone, if they can turn UConn around, some other school would likely grab them up soon. I would like it if UConn got Kliff Kingsbury, but would he come when he already turned down an offer from Houston. And is UConn going to offer enough money to draw someone decent?
kind of a stupid post. Lets see if the team improves before talking about firing anyone

Reaction Score

Bill Belichick would be my first choice. He must be sick of Kraft and Brady by now. Come home to Connecticut and coach with less stress and have some fun.

Reaction Score
It's over... This game of selling fans that the AD at Uconn is committed to football, committed to competing at the highest level is officially over. It's become abundantly clear that Uconn's treatment of its football program is exactly what Uconn athletics isn't. Being a Uconn fan means the expectation of competing with the best and winning a fair share. Let's be honest... Uconn FB isn't winning, isn't competing, and isn't even close to a path to get there.

When the basketball program was in a clear slide under Ollie, the program went and made a strong move to get the right coach. Note that this wasn't a CT high school coach, wasn't a value coach we could get on the cheap, or some retread that was clearly going through the motions just to collect a check. We hired the best coach available. One that has proven to win wherever he goes. One that has re-built programs, can recruit, and has serious connections. Nothing is guaranteed, but we all know however this turns, Hurley was the right choice.

How can the same AD pull that move off for BB and still be fumbling so badly with football? Admittedly, we were all so excited by the Diaco move. Award winning coach, coming from ND, said all the right things. What wasn't to like? Nobody thought Diaco's tenure would peak at his welcome press conference. But even that move was questionable because most didn't even have Diaco on the radar. Per Warde, Diaco was the top choice, the only choice. But was he?

The statements regarding Uconn's commitment ring hollow now. The actions, the decisions, and the current status are the real indicators. Hiring HCRE for a hometown discount was a weak move regardless of how you feel about him. Going cheap on the coaching staff is weak. Marrying these moves with what one could say is the worst program in FBS is a disaster. And now, going cheap and playing the next man up for the OC position? After the airing of the financial woes and the HC paying an asst coach out of his own pocket? If there were a script on how to destroy a program and alienate the fans, the Uconn AD is following it to a 'T'.

Please Mr Benedict, tell me how as a fan I should support a program that you and the University don't. Give me something! Something to say this program isn't dead and that I should spend my time, my money, and my passion on it. Over the past 6-7 years, given everything that has happened, the blow-out losses, the coaching carousel, the demotion to G5. And yet, you still have fans buying tickets. I don't buy season tickets anymore. I don't come to as many games. But I sure would like to. Give me a reason other than the lip service. Imagine if you Uconn both feet in for football.

The program is at a crossroad. We all know that if Uconn can't compete in the AAC, it certainly can't compete in the Big10 or the ACC. Either commit to competing in football and give the program the necessary resources or kill it.

This half in approach isn't working...
What would the necessary resources be exactly? Maybe pay Coach Saban to coach huskies? The biggest change football needs is to let in the same caliber of students that our competition lets in. Extremely difficult to even get in Juco players. That’s the problem and needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
What would the necessary resources be exactly? Maybe pay Coach Saban to coach huskies? The biggest change football needs is to let in the same caliber of students that our competition lets in. Extremely difficult to even get in Juco players. That’s the problem and needs to be addressed.
salary for coaching staff.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bill Belichick would be my first choice. He must be sick of Kraft and Brady by now. Come home to Connecticut and coach with less stress and have some fun.
If that's the sell, he might as well pull a Calhoun and just go to Wesleyan.

C

Chief00

Gang - it’s simple really. Edsal’s buyout is 0 in December 2019. Whatever happens - happens this year and then we have wide open options in December. Maybe we see a donor step up then.

The parallels with Diaco will be drawn. It will Year 3, going on year 4. In year 2 the trajectory was still downward, let’s hope we see a trajectory change this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom