Message To CW and Olivia | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Message To CW and Olivia

Reaction Score
Why is Anna passing up open shots? Possible slight lack of fitness, she's not able to square up to the hoop? My impression of Geno is that he never discourages the kids from taking open shots. I feel like he avoids head-games as it pertains to shooting. I would bet Geno asked Anna why she passed up open shots.
That's what I meant earlier in another thread, that I thought Anna was often invisible in the game Saturday.
We've got hosses this year sitting over there. Can't just run around out there for 35 minutes.

I've watched the game 4 times since Saturday when it ended. Each time I tracked one player specifically, one of them being Anna. She passed up waaaaaaay too many open shots and several times, they didn't lead to baskets. IF you pass up a shot for a better shot and we score, fine. If not, that's when it's troubling, obvi.

We scored 48 points in the first half and 31 in the second. We didn't play worse, I don't think, instead, the team became wayyyyyy too unselfish and it resulted in lost points, if that could even be a thing.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I've watched the game 4 times since Saturday when it ended. Each time I tracked one player specifically, one of them being Anna. She passed up waaaaaaay too many open shots and several times, they didn't lead to baskets.

Agree!

If a decent three point shooter like Anna is open from the three point line, she should take it.

If anyone worthy of a college basketball scholarship is open within 10 feet of the hoop, she should take it. Interior passing is very hard, especially in a season like this one.

They are all a bit too pass happy. Evina had an easy layup the other day and dropped it off to Paige. It worked out well, but why give up a sure thing?

Anna is good off the dribble, except that she is literally always looking to pass off the dribble. She needs to shoot it off the dribble more. She can make the shot, and it will keep the defense honest.

Reaction Score
Agree!

If a decent three point shooter like Anna is open from the three point line, she should take it.

If anyone worthy of a college basketball scholarship is open within 10 feet of the hoop, she should take it. Interior passing is very hard, especially in a season like this one.

They are all a bit too pass happy. Evina had an easy layup the other day and dropped it off to Paige. It worked out well, but why give up a sure thing?

Anna is good off the dribble, except that she is literally always looking to pass off the dribble. She needs to shoot it off the dribble more. She can make the shot, and it will keep the defense honest.
There has to be reason for this. Lack of confidence maybe..or maybe this was how she was coached in Poland?

Reaction Score
There has to be reason for this. Lack of confidence maybe..or maybe this was how she was coached in Poland?

IMO it's too much practice and not enough games. In practice you consciously think about what you are doing and what you are about to do. There's no time for that in a game.
Bueckers and Westbrook may be the best starters and they have one game together with each other and with their team. It's a process .

Reaction Score
IMO it's too much practice and not enough games. In practice you consciously think about what you are doing and what you are about to do. There's no time for that in a game.
Bueckers and Westbrook may be the best starters and they have one game together with each other and with their team. It's a process .
Maybe..if she was a freshman perhaps but she is a sophmore.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one posting on this site who has an understanding of what CW strengths and weaknesses are? Or am I just the only one that has articulated it. To begin with she is a streak shooter who takes advantage of what the defense gives her. She is a very smart player who plays within her capabilities. This is the reason she was successful in the past and why she will often have a really good game. She is not someone who forces up shots when she recognizes the ball isn't dropping or tries to force shots in general. You have to give her a lot of credit for that. Many players go throught their entire careers and never figure that out. Players like here have their own unique value to a team. While it is trure that they will not always shoot you to a victory, but they will also not shoot you out of a game when they are not feeling it either.

While every not and then she can have a game that can carry a team, that is not an every game occurance. Unfortunately, fans seem to believe that those games are a measure of what she could produce every game. To me she is the ideal support player that every team needs. People keep mentioning the ND game and her McD AA appearance. Those were not her average game but the exceptions and only a measure of what she is capable of producing every now and then under the right conditions.

Any attempt to get her to be more offensively agressive shooting wise will on hurt her game. When she tries to do that her game erodes. Now with respect to her off season work on her body she might have more of an upside to take advantage of in respect to drives to the basket. That remains to be seen, but she does look quicker. I would, however , trust her own opinion instead of those that try to push her to do things she feel she is not capable of. She is not insecure, she is just smart.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one posting on this site who has an understanding of what CW strengths and weaknesses are? Or am I just the only one that has articulated it. To begin with she is a streak shooter who takes advantage of what the defense gives her. She is a very smart player who plays within her capabilities. This is the reason she was successful in the past and why she will often have a really good game. She is not someone who forces up shots when she recognizes the ball isn't dropping or tries to force shots in general. You have to give her a lot of credit for that. Many players go throught their entire careers and never figure that out. Players like here have their own unique value to a team. While it is trure that they will not always shoot you to a victory, but they will also not shoot you out of a game when they are not feeling it either.

While every not and then she can have a game that can carry a team, that is not an every game occurance. Unfortunately, fans seem to believe that those games are a measure of what she could produce every game. To me she is the ideal support player that every team needs. People keep mentioning the ND game and her McD AA appearance. Those were not her average game but the exceptions and only a measure of what she is capable of producing every now and then under the right conditions.

Any attempt to get her to be more offensively agressive shooting wise will on hurt her game. When she tries to do that her game erodes. Now with respect to her off season work on her body she might have more of an upside to take advantage of in respect to drives to the basket. That remains to be seen, but she does look quicker. I would, however , trust her own opinion instead of those that try to push her to do things she feel she is not capable of. She is not insecure, she is just smart.
You are certainly the best articulator of the talents of CW.
Speaking for myself, in the most clear articulation possible, I expect more consistently excellent play from the #1 high school recruit in America, 2017/2018. Especially as it pertains to shooting and finishing around the basket, which ultimately leads to consistent scoring. Again, from my perspective she is not playing like a blue-chipper. To her credit, she has worked hard to become a better rebounder and defender. She appears to be a wonderful young lady, with a terrific personality and a credit to the program and university. I expect a player of this level of ability to be a 20 point scorer every night. I played small college hoops, so I know what a 20 point scorer looks like. I also know how that role moves from year to year from one star player to the next. "She's a streaky shooter". Bah. No. Streaky is an articulation of the word inconsistent! Somehow it is supposed to sound better when you say streaky.
It is CW's time! She has the pedigree to be Big East POY, a 20 point scorer, 7-8 rebounds a game.
Like having the Nation's best thoroughbred in your stable (sorry about the analogy) and you're supposed to be happy that she finishes 5th every race. A "support player". No No No!

Reaction Score
Olivia needs to be careful. Aaliyah has the aggressiveness that Olivia needs.

Reaction Score
Olivia needs to be careful. Aaliyah has the aggressiveness that Olivia needs.
ONO does not need to be intimidated by Edwards, ONO is our rim protector. But everyone else needs to be scared when ONO and Edwards eventually start together

Reaction Score
ONO does not need to be intimidated by Edwards, ONO is our rim protector. But everyone else needs to be scared when ONO and Edwards eventually start together
Vote for next game- Thursday

Reaction Score
You are certainly the best articulator of the talents of CW.
Speaking for myself, in the most clear articulation possible, I expect more consistently excellent play from the #1 high school recruit in America, 2017/2018. Especially as it pertains to shooting and finishing around the basket, which ultimately leads to consistent scoring. Again, from my perspective she is not playing like a blue-chipper. To her credit, she has worked hard to become a better rebounder and defender. She appears to be a wonderful young lady, with a terrific personality and a credit to the program and university. I expect a player of this level of ability to be a 20 point scorer every night. I played small college hoops, so I know what a 20 point scorer looks like. I also know how that role moves from year to year from one star player to the next. "She's a streaky shooter". Bah. No. Streaky is an articulation of the word inconsistent! Somehow it is supposed to sound better when you say streaky.
It is CW's time! She has the pedigree to be Big East POY, a 20 point scorer, 7-8 rebounds a game.
Like having the Nation's best thoroughbred in your stable (sorry about the analogy) and you're supposed to be happy that she finishes 5th every race. A "support player". No No No!
Time will tell which of us is right. But the question still remains as to how many seasons it will take for some people to see the light.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom